Daughters first shoot tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughters first shoot tomorrow

My 2nd youngest daughter turned 12 in Sept, she knows I go out to the range every Sunday. Last night I asked her if she would like to come out tomorrow and shoot 25m air pistol. From the smile on her face you would have thought I'd asked her if she'd if she wanted to meet one direction only have to eat ice cream for every meal and give her a $1000.00 clothing allowance

To say she was/is excited is an understatement only problem is I now have to hear about it until we get there and no doubt after the fact. Want her to do the air pistol as she is a slight girl and also as not to scare her with a louder noise from a .22 upwards. Who knows, if she decides she really really likes it, you know, like LIKES it not just like (kid speak) then maybe I'll have a regular partner on range days.

Also told her not to go bragging about it at school as you don't know these days how other parents/teachers will react, which is a pity but the way things are nowadays They can find out about it when she gets selected for the Olympics or not! No pressure I just want her to have fun safely.

Good onya, Uncle.

It would be great to have one of your kids to shoot with.

She'd come in handy picking up brass too.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Sounder" post=20787
      Good onya, Uncle.

It would be great to have one of your kids to shoot with.

She'd come in handy picking up brass too.
      don't know that there'll be too much brass to pick up at the air pistol range :P

should be a good day mate, hope she enjoys it. some good dad and daughter time ahead.

steve

Good on you Uncle,.... the more kids we can get involved in our sport the better I reckon.

Umm Who the hell shoots "Air pistol" @ 25m?
    Something I've never heard of in 30+ years of pistol shooting, and sounds like a big stretch for any air pistol.
    ISSF air pistol events are 10m for ladies, gents & juniors

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by inverness " post=20864
      Good on you Uncle,.... the more kids we can get involved in our sport the better I reckon.

Umm Who the hell shoots "Air pistol" @ 25m?
      Something I've never heard of in 30+ years of pistol shooting, and sounds like a big stretch for any air pistol.
      ISSF air pistol events are 10m for ladies, gents & juniors
      In my moment of proud parent bragging I confused what I'm shooting tomorrow with what she'll be shooting'

She is picking out what clothes she wants to wear tomorrow already. Jeans or shorts dad? Sneakers or boots dad? long sleeve or tshirt dad? hat or cap dad? do i need my water bottle and backpack dad? and a fashion show of it all in-between clothing changes. Gotta love em Now she's asking if she gets a range box/bag I've created a Frankenchild

Well done , look after that little one. Isn't it so exciting when they take an interest in what YOUR doin?

Comment

I remember when I took my son to the range for the first time. I brought a little bit of everything rifle pistol air gun. I was worried out recoil so I started him on light stuff but I was looking for something he wanted to shoot so we kept going to find his interest. You should have seen then look on his face when he shot the .357 mag 4 inch. and he asked for more rounds!!!!!!!!!! so much for the low recoil stuff. he only likes revolvers. He wants to be dirty harry in another life. Hope your experience goes as well as mine.
      "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

Well that went very well indeed, looks like Thursday nights are now taken with trips to the airgun shed 6.30 - 9.00 pm. Annie loved it and say she wants to do it again She enjoyed watching the "big guns" but didn't want to shoot even a .22, fair enough don't want to push her or get her scared of shooting by making her shoot something that makes a loud noise. And she just relished telling her mother all about it, the only thing that made her unhappy was she left her target they said she could keep of her first shoot at the range, told her we will get it next time we go.

Comment

• Laflamme
          Laflamme commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Uncle" post=21474
          Well that went very well indeed, looks like Thursday nights are now taken with trips to the airgun shed 6.30 - 9.00 pm. Annie loved it and say she wants to do it again She enjoyed watching the "big guns" but didn't want to shoot even a .22, fair enough don't want to push her or get her scared of shooting by making her shoot something that makes a loud noise. And she just relished telling her mother all about it, the only thing that made her unhappy was she left her target they said she could keep of her first shoot at the range, told her we will get it next time we go.
          Glad to hear it mate. Well done indeed. keep in mind she is only young yet she may move on to bigger and better as time goes on. Glad to hear she wants to spend time with dad in the air gun shed anyway that is worth gold right there.

Nice work Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle" post=20754
          My 2nd youngest daughter turned 12 in Sept, she knows I go out to the range every Sunday. Last night I asked her if she would like to come out tomorrow and shoot 25m air pistol. From the smile on her face you would have thought I'd asked her if she'd if she wanted to meet one direction only have to eat ice cream for every meal and give her a $1000.00 clothing allowance

To say she was/is excited is an understatement only problem is I now have to hear about it until we get there and no doubt after the fact. Want her to do the air pistol as she is a slight girl and also as not to scare her with a louder noise from a .22 upwards. Who knows, if she decides she really really likes it, you know, like LIKES it not just like (kid speak) then maybe I'll have a regular partner on range days.

Also told her not to go bragging about it at school as you don't know these days how other parents/teachers will react, which is a pity but the way things are nowadays They can find out about it when she gets selected for the Olympics or not! No pressure I just want her to have fun safely.
          Congratulations! Only now you are going to have to pay for clothes AND guns/ammo haha :lol: prepare to be an even poorer father of daughters :P

Comment

Good stuff

Certainly don't want to her mentioning it at school. Too many kids with naughty older brothers who aren't afraid of breaking into someones gunsafe in these parts.

Can't wait until my boy is old enough to shoulder a rifle. Ditto to the person who mentioned picking up brass
            Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Comment

Working...
            X