Introducing my first hand gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing my first hand gun!

I picked up my first handgun yesterday, a beautiful STI Trojan in 9mm with a bull barrel and ambi safety. Also picked up a couple extra STI 10 round mags.

Naturally, after giving her a good clean bringing her back from the shop, I took her straight to the range. Put about 200 rounds down range with only 2 failure to feeds through the magazine it came with which only happened on the last round. The other two magazine ran like a dream no issues at all. Hopefully as I keep using the mag the problem with sort itself out.

Now all I have to do is figure out what holster and rig set up I want!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA202072.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	33213

Bewdiful !

Comment

Congrats
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Great choice, nice pic too

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Very good choice! Im just waiting for my 12 months to be up so i can get mine which i have on order

OMG Another Trojan to tease me. Stop it will yous

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          magwell

Yes terrydoc I am looking for a magwell too haha. Just a bit worried since most will need some form of fitting I think.

Also, just decided to stick on my VZ Operator grips and DLP Blackwash screws... Man these things are sharp!

Name:	PA202074.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	33269

Name:	PA202079.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	33270

Name:	PA202080.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	33271

Comment

• dansedgli
          dansedgli commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!

I got an EGW mag and MSH well for mine.

Not sure if there was a blued option but they were the easiest to buy from and it was only $100ish delivered.

Very nice.

Please keep up us poted re the feed issue.
        "Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Gratz mate, love the 1911s.
          Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Smith & Alexander have one piece backstrap and magwell
            Ed Brown 2 piece.
            Both you can get blued or stainless and flat or arched backstrap's. All drop in parts, some people blend the guns mag well to the add on but mostly they fit fine.

Brownells sell both I think.

Nice m8,enjoy

Comment

Mmmmm thats a good looking gun. I'm in the market for a 1911 and STI is looking pretty good right about now...

Comment

Very nice mate. Have fun with it

Comment

Nice
                Congrats on your new toy

JB

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Semi post in partial jest!!

I do not want to be a arty popper, HOWEVER for G**** sake it's only a handgun, not need to post it with a heart, needs no introduction,

It, "" the handgun""" will not cook you breakfast, hold your hand or feed your children, it is an inanimate object with no feelings and
                  has no loyalty. next thing you will be posting is that you also wash your car, another inanimate object as above.

Yeah it went well, ran Geco 124gr FMJs through it (which I bought in bulk purely due to price)... Meant to be "IPSC approved" or so I'm guessing it hits minor power factor.

At the moment I'm just looking at feeding factory ammo through it until I have 1-2k of brass stored up before I start reloading.

Comment

Working...
                X