Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liege 22LR Revolver

First post here so hope i don't mess anything up
    A friend of mine has received an old 22LR revolver through a deceased estate and is unsure what to do with it. His options are to keep it as is (not recommended), licence it as a collector (costly), hand it in to WAPOL or sell it.
    It is a Liege United Arms co break action 22LR revolver - photo attached.
    Has any member got an idea of what it would be worth or where we could go to get it valued?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3492.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	31937

*PM* sent

Comment

Some info regarding pistol - due to the costs involved in selling or licensing in WA, it is to be handed in under the current amnesty

The revolver is one of the many " Suicide Specials " or " Saturday Night Specials " made by the tens of thousands around 1890 - 1930.
      Originally American small nickel plated small calibre revolvers used for self defense, the Belgians soon got in on the act. They made enormous numbers of copies, of revolvers made by Harrington and Richardson and many other firms, undercutting in costs and quality.
      Suicide Specials referred to the danger of using some cheap Belgian revolvers, they could blow apart, hence is was suicide to use them.
      Most got thrown away and are right down the the line in value and desire in collecting circles, and their value is dependent on overall condition, damage and workability.
      From the pictures it looks in quite good condition and would change hands for between $100.00 - $200.00.

Comment

• inverness
        inverness commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by DaleH" post=19740
        .....Some info regarding pistol - due to the costs involved in selling or licensing in WA, it is to be handed in under the current amnesty......
        SHAME!
        I would have liked to add such a piece to my collection for a reasonable price.
        It is sad for bonafide collectors to watch historical items be deemed "worthless" and get destroyed :S
    Working...
    X