Pair of SAA Colts - CHEAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of SAA Colts - CHEAP!

I just rang about the pair of Colt SAA revolvers on the usedguns website.
    $1500 the pair!
    I saw it last night and thought,..."nah that's gotta be a mistake, It'll get corrected soon surely."

Got the better of me this morning, and even the Mrs said "ring up and see, what a great investment"
    Turns out that was the asking price & they were sold yesterday (no surprise)

I spoke with a lovely lady who said she had someone do some research for her and that was the price she got told.
    I told her they were "VERY CHEAP" and she said that she had been told that several times since she sold them.
    She sheepishly asked what I thought they were worth, and I said I thought $2,000.00 each would have been a reasonable expectation.Again she said she had been told similar prices since selling.
    Geez, I really felt sorry for her, and I did tell her too.
    Obviously some fool was trying to be knowledgable and compared them with a pair of Rugers or something when they "Researched" them for her.

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=24269

Somebody, somewhere, is a very happy camper
    If guns cause crime, then all mine are faulty - Ted Nugent

Comment

I reckon the same person who did the "research" for her initially now has a nice pair of Colt's in their safe for a steal.

Comment

These are advertised as Colt Cowboy revolvers. They are not SAAs. SAAs have forged frames while Cowboys have investment cast frames. SAAs have colour case hardening, Cowboys have a chemical finish. SAAs retail (US prices) for $1600 but Cowboys retail for $600. Cowboys also have a transfer bar.

I didn't buy them but they looked like a reasonable deal.

Comment

• inverness
          inverness commented
          Editing a comment
          interesting.....now I want one even more

• TheOtherLeft
          TheOtherLeft commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Omnivore" post=15848
          These are advertised as Colt Cowboy revolvers. They are not SAAs. SAAs have forged frames while Cowboys have investment cast frames. SAAs have colour case hardening, Cowboys have a chemical finish. SAAs retail (US prices) for $1600 but Cowboys retail for $600. Cowboys also have a transfer bar.

Are the Cowboys meant to compete price wise against the Ruger Vaqueros-transfer bar etc? How are Vaquero's made - forged or cast?

Are the Cowboys and SAA functionally the same - half cock etc?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Omnivore" post=15848

What he said.....they are not Single action armys...which new would be around $2300.00 each.The Colt Cowboy basically designed to be a budget type single action along the lines of the Ruger Vaquero.
      Working...
      X