Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 +1 Base Plates

G'day guys and girls!

I have a 1911 Trojan in 38 super, with the factory 9 round mags. I've heard you can get a +1 base plate to bring the capacity to 10 rounds? Is this something we can get easily? Have not been able to find any worthwhile info on these. Any help would be awesome!

Cheers,
    bundyjr

PS Located Gold Coast QLD

Originally posted by bundyjr" post=15189
    G'day guys and girls!

I have a 1911 Trojan in 38 super, with the factory 9 round mags. I've heard you can get a +1 base plate to bring the capacity to 10 rounds? Is this something we can get easily? Have not been able to find any worthwhile info on these. Any help would be awesome!

Cheers,
    bundyjr

PS Located Gold Coast QLD
    1st I have ever heard of +1 base plates, I went out and got a hold of a half a dozen Chip McCormick mags they're designed for 10 rounds of 38 super and have never given me any dramas.

Cheers
    Harry
    As Napoleon said,"only thunderbolts can be preferred to cannon"

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive got a handful of Chip mags on order... and been on order for 6 months but was hoping to get my factory mags to 10 rounds as well.

First I've heard of +1 base's as well.

You could try importing some Chip mags yourself.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm maybe I misread... and that would explain the lack of info out there. I did come across some +3 and +4's for different calibers tho...

Anywho... with regards to importing, do we have a copy of that importing guide that was stickied on the last forum? That was a good read but I didn't save it
Working...
X