Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvendramini
    commented on Guest's reply
    Looks like it went to the right man.The brass catches will be the ducks guts ! Love it.

Guest replied
    Mate, the case arrived today in the mail. Undamaged and all good. Thanks again. I'm waiting now on some black heart sassafras to arrive from Tassie and a couple of bits and bobs before I start the restoration process. The case you sent me has a nice exterior and looks like it will only need an interior refurbishment and the two catch's replaced with some nice period brass ones and a strip and polish.

I'm in two minds about the material to use for the interior, whether to go original look (velvet) or to cut up a rifle sock and use that because it's less likely to absorb moisture. Not that the pistols will be stored in there, but as a display piece.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And thanks to you to mate. Was an easy and quick transaction. I look forward to receiving next week sometime in the post.

Uncle

Leave a comment:

• lvendramini
    Pistol case has been taken.Thanks all.

Guest replied
    Pm sent. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• lvendramini
    Originally posted by Uncle" post=15392
    If no-one takes it off you hands locally I'm prepared to pay regular postage/packaging and your time to post it to Alice Springs. I'm doing up the one for my Margolin at the moment as the lid is cracked through old age/drying out and possible lack of care (not by me) also replacing the worn out felt too. I have another 2 Margolins on the way so it would be nice to have a box for one of them and save me time only having to make 1 box instead of two to keep them in. It's not for resale just to keep them sort of original presentation reasons, I think the pistols deserve it having survived this long and still shooting well.
    Pic's of the refurb will be posted at a later date.
    Looks like you have a valid reasonfor wanting it.A rough guess would be $20 for postage.PM me and cheers Leo,or ring me on 03 94785397.

Guest replied
    It's not a Unique DES69 case as I have one and they are black with red interior

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If no-one takes it off you hands locally I'm prepared to pay regular postage/packaging and your time to post it to Alice Springs. I'm doing up the one for my Margolin at the moment as the lid is cracked through old age/drying out and possible lack of care (not by me) also replacing the worn out felt too. I have another 2 Margolins on the way so it would be nice to have a box for one of them and save me time only having to make 1 box instead of two to keep them in. It's not for resale just to keep them sort of original presentation reasons, I think the pistols deserve it having survived this long and still shooting well.
    Pic's of the refurb will be posted at a later date.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would say so too

Leave a comment:

• Morgo
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by moofy07" post=15073
    It looks like a Margolin semi auto case.
    That was my first thought as well.

• Yoshie
    commented on 's reply
    Or a des69??

• moofy07
    replied
    It looks like a Margolin semi auto case.

Leave a comment:

• lvendramini
    started a topic Free pistol case.

Free pistol case.

Don`t know what model it is for,but it`s free for a Melb. pick up.Cheers It`s on welcome mat,but should be on handguns.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PictureAllphotos792.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	30868

Click image for larger version

Name:	PictureAllphotos794.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	30869
Working...
X