CZ75 .22LR conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZ75 .22LR conversion kit

Has anyone got one of these and whats their thoughts? Also is it regarded as a second pistol with all the licensing requirements or is the pistol listed as 9mm/.22 ?

In NSW it counts as a second barrel and is added onto the registration of the pistol it goes on.
    So only 1 pistol.

Also, if you add it to a centrefire registration then you have only a centrefire pistol with 2 barrels.
    You do NOT have a centrefire and rimfire.

Comment

• kz7
      kz7 commented
      Editing a comment
      bigM - thanks for that . I will ring WLB to get it confirmed. What I have read it seems to be a good fit and replicates a full CZ pretty well. Makes it cheaper for practice too

It's a great option for practice. Movement, transitions etc. Cheap trigger time.

Comment

• kz7
      kz7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got the last one . No more until the next shipment which will be a few weeks away. Form 10 is what is needed which the dealer does and sens to WLB.

now that sounds interesting if he is

Comment

Who has these in Australia?? I would mind one for my SP-01

Comment

• dansedgli
        dansedgli commented
        Editing a comment
        PBA imports is your man but they are hard to come by.

I think he got a shipment around July but sounds like they are all sold out.

Great idea selling a conversion on a frame if its cost effective. I wanted one as my first gun before I shot IPSC. By all reports they are very accurate for a conversion.

Pity more gun manufacturers don't go the .22 conversion route. Found this on usedguns....S&W's attempt to cash in on the '.22 clone market'

Made by Walther, aluminium slide, pointless thumb safety

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=34826

"Collectors only" :lol:

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Reason I went the Kadet route (apart from being an excellent trainer prior to getting a Shadow) is that they are a real steel pistol built to the same quality as CZs centrefires.

I also have the Kadet upper for my SP-01 Shadow.
      What BigM said is spot on for NSW.
      I ordered one through my dealer (a couple of shipments ago), kit came in and the dealer arranged for it be registered to the 9mm.

Some people seem to think that this kit is an "after market" conversion kit. It isn't.
      It is simply the upper of a 22 Kadet pistol, which unfortunately CZ stopped production of, and the upper fits the lowers of other CZ pistol. CZ still seem to be making the uppers, although I was told they were stopping that as well when I order my Kadet upper.

So, it is a quality piece of CZ equipment.
      Fit, finish and function are fantastic.

Mine has functioned without any issues at all, and is very accurate.
      I'm using CCI target ammo.
      Don't use lower powered ammo, it won't cycle. I saw a fellow Kadet user have all sorts of problems using a bulk tub of SK ammo.

I say if you can get the CZ upper, do it. It is worth the hefty price you will pay and you should get some change out of a $1000.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using CCI standard velocity 40gn 22LR without any problems.
        I am running a 17 lb main spring. If you run with the Shadow preferred 13 lb main spring you may experience light strikes.

Clean the firing pin channel and mag inners when you first get the kit and it will run fine.

I'm pretty sure my Shadow is running the Standard spring.
      I bought it used so I don't know if was changed out or not, and would not know how to tell the difference anyway.
      From the info I have I suspect it is the standard main spring and using that same standard velocity 40 grain CCI have never had a FTF, FTE or light strike.

Comment

Working...
      X