Holster for Walther PPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster for Walther PPQ

Hi to everyone from a new member. I have recently put a deposit down on a Walther PPQ Tactical; and am now looking around for a left hand holster to suit, with very little success. I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    Many thanks

This was covered on the old forum, but the barrel is under 120mm and the compensator is not permanently.

The ability to remove the compensator to strip the gun will class this gun a prohibited handgun due to length restrictions for semi-auto's.

As such you will not be able to use this a handgun on target licence.

I know a certain shop in QLD was selling them as "Club Legal", but has since removed this from their website.

Make sure you check with your state licencing branch. And 'IF' they approve it get it in writing just incase

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Wrong gun, thats the P22Q with the compensator issue.

OP is talking PPQ which is 9mm with the 120mm threaded barrel.

I have one of these too. I ordered some IMI Defence holsters off ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=ppq+holster&LH_PrefLoc=2&_arm=1&_armm=63&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3 F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3Dppq%2Bholster%2 6_arr%3D1

They are right hand though. Try emailing some of the sellers and see if they have or can get left hand versions. I found them very helpful.

Other option, get one custom made by Raven Concealment:

http://www.ravenconcealment.com

I have just ordered a couple to suit a Glock with a stream light. Think they are at the post office waiting for me to collect so cant comment on them yet but they looked the goods!

Originally posted by TRE" post=8207
      This was covered on the old forum, but the barrel is under 120mm and the compensator is not permanently.
      The ability to remove the compensator to strip the gun will class this gun a prohibited handgun due to length restrictions for semi-auto's.
      I know a certain shop in QLD was selling them as "Club Legal", but has since removed this from their website.
      Make sure you check with your state licencing branch. And 'IF' they approve it get it in writing just incase

• Morgo
      Morgo commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by TRE" post=8207

Did they actually remove it from the site? I wondered if they would, guess they saw the thread...

Ok I will check that out, I bought it from a dealer in NSW, apparently he has sold several.

Comment

Sorry my bad.. Must be a little dyslectic today. It is Friday after all..

You try to see if you could use this holster, they may come in left handed models

http://www.frontierarms.com.au/products/accessories/walther-ppq-paddle-holster.html

Good luck with your new purchase

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they are the same as the IMI Defence ones out of Israel, they are pretty good

Originally posted by TRE" post=8251
        Sorry my bad.. Must be a little dyslectic today. It is Friday after all..

You try to see if you could use this holster, they may come in left handed models

http://www.frontierarms.com.au/products/accessories/walther-ppq-paddle-holster.html

Good luck with your new purchase

Thanks for that, I was getting a little worried about my purchase. Took me long enough to settle on this pistol would have hated to have to go through the decision process again. I have found a mob in Israel which make left handed holsters to suit, but still waiting on a reply. Would prefer to shop local.

Comment

Check out Raven Concealment.

They make a holster to your specs pretty much and can do the PPQ, left hand with a threaded barrel.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/phantom-modular-holsters/phantom-modular-holster/phantom-modular-holster-walther

I bought one for a Glock project thats just recently arrived, I've yet to test it but they have good reviews and the quality looks to be there so far.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• TRE
          TRE commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Morgo" post=8322
          Check out Raven Concealment.

They make a holster to your specs pretty much and can do the PPQ, left hand with a threaded barrel.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/phantom-modular-holsters/phantom-modular-holster/phantom-modular-holster-walther

I bought one for a Glock project thats just recently arrived, I've yet to test it but they have good reviews and the quality looks to be there so far.
          You will have to do a quick write up on that new holster of yours, I am interested in getting one of them..

Cheers

• hyperfocal
          hyperfocal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Morgo, I have put an order in.

OK so I just got my box of goodies from Raven Concealment from the Post Office.

Holy crap these things are amazing. So damn comfortable you almost can't tell you are wearing it. Positioning is a little higher than I am used to for competition but the draw is nice and smooth - with a little practice there will be no issues using it for comps. Did I mention how comfortable they are? I don't want to take it off

Only thing it is missing is positive retention but I dont think that's an issue unless you are in law enforcement and using it for work?

I will definitely be ordering another of these for the Colt Marine and might get one for the PPQ as well.

Comment

Same as mine?

Not sure if we even have the M2 here yet.
          I prefer the paddle release, same setup as the HK's and I quite like it.

From memory they are the Walther PPQ Navy Tactical or some such. I know there are quite a few guys in the US who want these models, though they get to use them with suppressors
          “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            M2 is for the US only.

Yep ours is the PPQ Tactical Navy

Originally posted by Morgo" post=8546
            Same as mine?

Not sure if we even have the M2 here yet.
            I prefer the paddle release, same setup as the HK's and I quite like it.

From memory they are the Walther PPQ Navy Tactical or some such. I know there are quite a few guys in the US who want these models, though they get to use them with suppressors

I thought they were the Navy too, then I read on another forum the Navy is designed to fire under water, there is a clip on Utube showing Greek Special Forces doing this. So maybe there is a difference.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJaJmNPJpf8

Comment

This is from the Firearm Blog
            The NAVY version is designed for use in situations where the pistol may become immersed and/or fired in water. A hole and guides in the striker channel, allowing water to be drained or pushed out, along with a stronger striker spring allow it to be used when completely flooded.

Comment

Sounds about right, no reason we couldn't have a navy model.

Comment

Hi Revan,

I can confirm the baby eagle mags do not work. We tried them in the shop and they don't go in.

After extensive research on the net I figured out it's actually the Magnum Research Eagle Fast Action 9mm mags that work - not the baby eagle mags.

Once these mags show up, we'll test em out and confirm in this thread if they work.

Cheers,

Jba

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Reven,

The magazines have shown up. They are a perfect fit and work great.

Differences:

1. The finish on the metal is different. The PPQ factory finish is matte, while these are polished metal.
                  2. These have the Magnum Research stamp on the plastic base and the metal body.
                  3. The spring feels different. These are a little stiffer than the PPQ factory mags.

That's all I can discern. There are two spare , brand new in packaging for $70 each. + shipping. If anyone is interested in more than that he could probably get them in but it would take ~2 months.

PM sent with his email.

Comment

My Raven Concealment holsters arrived today, took just over the month, build quality appears excellent. Now just have to wait another month for the gun.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X