rifle light recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rifle light recommendations

Anyone use a rifle light I want to put one on my warhmmer rail on my remington 7615p for hunting.
    At the moment I have a Surefire with the remote button that you can squeeze but it just doesnt do it for me.
    Also has anyone else seen the strobe lights on pistols Ive seen them on pistols very entertaining and hurt like fuu to look into.
    I found this while doing my search if anyones keen on pistol lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tan-ZlyNgsk

I bought 4 Ultrafire 501B's off ebay (I got 4 on the assumption they won't last long) they perform pretty well as a light rifle torch. They say 1000lm, I don't know if that's true but they are pretty good, and they outlast the big battery handheld spotlights I've seen.
    My plan for a 7600 is one of those on the right, a laser on the left for spotlighting. If the laser doesn't work it will be replaced with a red dot.

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      surefie would be one of the only makes that i would trust with hard use.

i would try one of these

Raid

or

millenium

I have a several of the handgun mounted ones, streamlight and surefire. The newer Surefire X300 ultra is one hell of a light
    They don't really have the range for a rifle though IMO.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Jester308
      Jester308 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use my E2D defender and ring mount on the rabbit gun. It works great, small and compact, a good bright beam and a reasonable throw with good battery life.

My choice would be the BCM/surefire p2x fury, 500lumens, compact size, fits in a standard ring mount, Greta bright beam with good throw.

JJ

G'Day Fella's,

The BEST value for money handheld LED flash light that I have come across, is from www.jaycar.com.au !
    At present, I have three of them and will probably get at least one more!
    I use and abuse one at work every day, which has sold me on them, as far as ruggedness and reliability goes!
    It has 480 Lumen 's of light
    It has an adjustable beam that goes from Flood Light to Spot Light, that will light up trees to 200+ meters (on Spot Light)
    It has a rear mounted on-off button switch
    Has High, Medium, Low, light modes plus an S.O.S. (Dot-Dot-Dot-Dash-Dash-Dash etc) and Strobe light modes
    Runs on 3 x AAA batteries
    Is 118mm long
    and costs just $35.00!!!
    Part # is ST-3475
    Do yourself a favor and get yourself at lest one of them to play with!!!

I have purchased some FAS2 QD Light Mounts (Brownell's Part # 100-001-022 for $15.00 ish), light to Picatinny Rail adapters, from www.brownells.com that allows me to mount these lights onto a Pic Rail. Though these particular lights, will need to have a section of the light machined down (1 or 2mm) to the correct diameter, to use this QD mount!

Hope that helps

Merry Christmas
    Homer

Comment

• Jester308
      Jester308 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey mate, does it have a selectable mode or do you have to cycle through all 4 modes to turn it on/off, as the few 'cheap' led torches I've played with that have more than an on /off I've found to be a pain for hunting use due to the cycle issue, especially if 'high beam' isn't first up when turned on. I now tend to shy away from those multi mode models for either on/off or momentary switch types.

There are a plethora of other brand torches and components available these days, it's almost as big a following as optics and guns...

Cheers,

JJ

Has anyone had any experience with the Olight ..M3x model??

Might lash out and get one of them but thought I'd ask the question here first..appreciate any feed back..cheers

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Emptee" post=101217

Might lash out and get one of them but thought I'd ask the question here first..appreciate any feed back..cheers
      I havent used one specifically but its a better thrower than the dereelight (which was kind of the benchmark of throwers imo) - which would make the M3X a beast! from memory you need about 40,000cd to throw 200m (the M3x produces about double that 84100cd)

its not a small torch though

I have the M22 Warrior 950lm (23,000cd) - i'd say its more than enough to ID your targets at 150m and much more compact

• Hitman
      Hitman commented
      Editing a comment

I have an M3X and it's an awesome light! Mine is the older 700 lumen model, but still shits all over the nitecore mh40. Mine was only $100 to. Do yourself a favour and get one, you won't be disapointed.

• Gwion
      Gwion commented
      Editing a comment

Yep, i have one and would highly recommend it. I can confidently shoot out to 150m and see clearly what i am shooting at, colour, size, etc. 200m is eye-shine and silhouette. Not bad for a rifle mounted torch. It's better on a clear night, but don't get too many of those around here. Usually a bit of moisture in the air.

Make sure you get the rechargable batteries and a charger, though.

Here are a couple of pic. I just took them with my phone as both my camera's have flat batteries. I'll charge the DSLR tomorrow and get better pics, including one that shows it's throw at night:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mountedtorch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	108675
      Tried to get a pic of the beam out at 150 but the phone wouldn't do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mountedtorchcloseup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	108676
      It's mounted to a 40mm 3-9 scope. Not a bad scope but a step up in glass and/or a 50mm objective and i think the torch would effective at longer ranges than i can currently use it. It would need a different mounting system, though with a 50mm objective.

If I was that guy I'd be glad for darkness to cover my backyard.

It looks like it was napalmed a few months ago.

Comment

look at a wolf eyes sealion hunter. Have used one for about 3 years and can easily spot foxes to 300m for eye shine and 200m for body.
      regards browndog

Comment

• 28faz
        28faz commented
        Editing a comment
        Im currently thinking about putting a torch on my rifle. is it better to mount it on the scope tube or the barrel?

28faz

• Emptee
        Emptee commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by browndog" post=101368
        look at a wolf eyes sealion hunter. Have used one for about 3 years and can easily spot foxes to 300m for eye shine and 200m for body.
        regards browndog
        Thnx I'll take a look at that now.

Why not the furniture?

My personal preference, which I've mentioned before, is to avoid damage to the scope body, and not to hang anything off the barrel.
      You can stick a length of rail on the furniture, and allow better access to switches and so forth. Unless you really don't want to mar the finish.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Forward!
      Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

Working...
      X