Muzzle brake for my .204 Ruger on the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle brake for my .204 Ruger on the way.

Just got an email from Hinterland Shooting Supplies stating the clamp on muzzle brake for my T3 Varmint .204 Ruger has been shipped. This should be interesting. Starting to become a bit of a fan of muzzle brakes having one for my .30-06 as well. Big recoil reduction on that....not sure how it will affect the .204. Should be here Friday I reckon.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Not going soft in your old age are you mate :P
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

• Sambar Country
      Sambar Country commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by fishphillott" post=40653
      Must be, I like it on the 6.4 Ibs .30-06, that thing belts yah if you get slack. Not really sure why I got it for the .204.....something to do, give it a go and see what happens. Don't know why some people whinge about brakes, I don't notice any difference in the noise levels on the .30-06....it's freaking loud without it. Don't know whether it will have the same affect on the .204. I'll take them to the Forum Shoot and I'll probably be sent to the end of the line.......oh no!!!!...muzzle brakes....you go over there.

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by fishphillott" post=40653
      Thinking what i was thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sambar is becoming a changed man :P

Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=40625
    Just got an email from Hinterland Shooting Supplies stating the clamp on muzzle brake for my T3 Varmint .204 Ruger has been shipped. This should be interesting. Starting to become a bit of a fan of muzzle brakes having one for my .30-06 as well. Big recoil reduction on that....not sure how it will affect the .204. Should be here Friday I reckon.
    Im keen to hearhow it goes sambar as Im looking at getting one for my .260 as well.
    To me its not about going soft its about not moving to far off track because of recoil & faster reaquisition of target.
    I dont recall yo0u being into target but id like to know how much groupes & POI is affected?

Comment

• Sambar Country
      Sambar Country commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Aushunter" post=40663
      Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=40625
      Im keen to hearhow it goes sambar as Im looking at getting one for my .260 as well.
      To me its not about going soft its about not moving to far off track because of recoil & faster reaquisition of target.
      I dont recall yo0u being into target but id like to know how much groupes & POI is affected?
      About the only groups I do is zeroing scopes. That consists of a bit of paper on a tree with a cross in the middle of it about 50 yards away in the local state forest. I get the .30-06 and .204 to shoot dead on at that distance. Takes 2 or 3 shots....job done, good to go then. Might have to re do them at this upcoming Forum Shoot at Mudgee if I have a go at long distance.

When I first put the brake on the .30-06 there was no change in the POI with 150g or 180g projectiles.....and that's with a both eyes open 1X red dot scope.

I want to see if I can get out to 500 yards at Mudgee with 1X red dot.

I was talking to Hoogs from this forum today and he has one of the Roedale brakes to suit a 18x1 (sako/Tikka) thread that he doesn't need. It might be worth sending him a PM.
    Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

I wear Peltor SportTac electronic muffs while sighting the thing in and hunting. Don't notice any increase in noise.

Comment

That was quick....from QLD to N/E Vic in a day.

New brake for the .204
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0103.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	53077

Next to the brake on the .30-06

Name:	DSC_0104.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	53078

Hope the bullet will squeeze out of the exit hole! Can only see sky, no part of the brake, when I look up the barrel from the breach. Should be fine.

Might see if I can go bush tomorrow and put a few rounds through it.

Comment

• fishphillott
          fishphillott commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope it does what you expect mate

Another way of checking projectile clearance through the exit hole of a muzzle brake....shove it down the end....in this case the neck fits as well....good to go.

Name:	DSC_0106.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	53323

Comment

Working...
        X