Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bipods

Hi all,
    just keen to hear your thoughts on bipod types.
    some say harris type, some say atlas type.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bipodtypes.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	51754

I'm going to get another bipod for my 700 police 308, for both target and hunting use.
    which is the better type and why?

i have both types - on grass or uneven ground they perform about the same

off the bench the atlas is easier to load (read: easier to shoot good groups)

the harris is quicker to deploy though... they both have their pros and cons

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      throwing in a curve ball my favorites are the Accuracy international Bipods (Both models) as well as the parker hale bipod and some of the Versapod models.

not a huge fan of the atlas. its build quality is excellent but the pan and tilt adjustment is to stiff for me and needing to push a button to deploy the legs isnt something i like. if find manipulating the collar and extending the legs a bit frustrating to do in a controlled manner under stress.

as for the harris i dont like the lack of pan , but for the price they are good really.

pan?
    whats pan?
    do you mean the ability to look left and right with one?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=39869
      pan?
      whats pan?
      do you mean the ability to look left and right with one?
      yep exactly - its kind of useful if you're tracking game

got it.

Comment

I've got Harris in Fixed and Pan/Scan/Tilt types, also a Hyskor and Versapod - haven't had any issues with using any of them - I mainly use the longer leg ones (Harris/Hyskor) these days for snipping bunnies and fox whistling.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Working...
      X