Long Range Black Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Range Black Powder

Well I attended a competition shoot on the weekend and had a great time did not win and did not come last but part of the shoot was a single shot no sighters at a target at 1130 yards and I hit the target I Am very proud of that ( NO SCOPES USED ONLY vernier sights ) will have to see how I go next year at the shoot
    This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

That's a great feat roy cobb. What rifle were you using?? I have just discovered black powder cartridge rifles and am fascinated, love something different!!

Have a good day
    Hering

Comment

1130 yards, black powder and open sights - very impressive

Comment

• TheDude
        TheDude commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree very cool. I took my new 45-70 high wall out on the weekend for its first outing and my first foray into vernier sights and was having fun getting it on paper at 100 meters, 1130 yards is awesome.

Thanks for that, my rifle is a 45/70 1874 sharps love how well they can shoot any working loads and casting adds some much more to it as well :lol:
      This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

Comment

Careful they are very addictive, you can't stop at just 1
        Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

• Hering
          Hering commented
          Editing a comment
          PM sent

These new Winchester Hiwalls by Miruko are very nice especially after you add gold bling paint to the laser engraving!

'''''

I still prefer the Pedersoli's especially the pistol gripped "Classic Model"

Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

Well done mate, that is some fine shooting for sure!

Comment

Thanks looking forward to next year cant wait to do some more long range shooting just love the sound of a hit :P

Comment

Working...
            X