Black Powder Cartridge Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Powder Cartridge Rifles

While I love my small collection of true muzzeloaders, the cartridge guns of the era hold a particular fascination

T to B - 45/70, 45/90, 50/70, 50/90, 40/65 and holding a 38/55 Hiwall

Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Some truly nice rifles there BAW.. I can see a trapdoor in my future..

Comment

Great looking rifles BAW! A really nice rack of Beecher's bibles! Is that a Malcolm scope on the 40/65? BPCR shooting looks really great, I can certainly see a sharps or Hiwall in my future, as well as a muzzleloader. I just have to find the time and place to shoot them!

Cheers,
      Alex

Comment

I have an original trapdoor made 1873 in 45/70, a few Martini's in 577/450 and 303's, Alex Henry NSW Police in 577/450, Swedish Rolling block in 12.7x44

Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

• roy cobb
          roy cobb commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi BAW just love my 45/70 Sharps and how well it can shoot

very nice.

my old man currently shoots muzzleloaders but is keen to get into black powder cartridge. think hes currently trying to decide between a sharps and springfield.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Your a lucky man BAW, my funds don't currently allow me any dedicated BPCR, I do however get by loading BP for a few lever actions in 45/70, 357/38, 22lr and a little 410 coach gun.
          They all see regular use with both smokeless and BP.

Great collection BAW. I notice you mention the Swedish 12.7x44R. Do you have any tips for the reloading of that particular cartridge. I played around for almost two years with 350gn slugs (thinking they were appropriate as they replicated the factory load) with extremely disappointing results. I finally tried some 450grainers before 60 gns of WanoPP and a card wad and things have started to come together. At least it groups more like a rifle than a shotgun!

There's still a lot of room for improvement and I'm always willing to try anyone else's advice.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X