Muzzle loaders (of all types)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle loaders (of all types)

I've been shooting muzzle loaders since I was about 15.
    I'll kick off with a photo of my only flintlock gun'

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lott.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	18982

Built by Perer Hawkey, about 25 years ago, it is a museum grade reproduction of a Northwest Gun, 20 gauge and with a repro 'Lott' lock

Originally posted by Roderick" post=682
    I've been shooting muzzle loaders since I was about 15.
    I'll kick off with a photo of my only flintlock gun'

Built by Perer Hawkey, about 25 years ago, it is a museum grade reproduction of a Northwest Gun, 20 gauge and with a repro 'Lott' lock
    Roderick there is no photo mate.

Thanks...

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I've tried all ways that I know (which are few ) but I can't get it to post.

This is/was the only black powder firearm I've ever owned.

Fun to shoot. Might get another but just something like a normal black powder pistol in stainless, .44 cal or larger of course
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Maverick
      Maverick commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Morgo" post=709
      This is/was the only black powder firearm I've ever owned.

Fun to shoot. Might get another but just something like a normal black powder pistol in stainless, .44 cal or larger of course
      Morgo is there any firearm you don't own ???

Thanks...

I have a few toys, ranging from a custom LH 446 target rifle with spare 12ga barrel, to a full set of PH reproductions, couple of Pedersoli 50cal Kentucky's

The 54cal Thompcon Center Hawken with a 480gn Minnie and 120gns of 2P is like a 458 Mag!

Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      As usual, nice stuff BAW!! They would look better in my safe!

This is my only front stuffer. 58cal no name repro blunderbuss. Awesome fun.
    WTB: 38/40 barrel or donor rifle, snider/p53 lock and breech parts, 10-15 round blued 38 super 1911 mag, AIA/skk mag with star on the side. Pm me on forum.

Comment

Here's all mine that get fed the good stuff minus the '94.
      I really want a flintlock to add to the collection particularly a Brown Bess .75 but i'm still waiting for a good cheap one to come up.

Comment

I'm taking my Hawken out for a hunt over the next few days.. Hopefully I can post a pic of myself, my rifle with a big billy or pig on my return.

Comment

I got one of these, Investarms (Lyman) basically a shorter version of the Lyman Great Plains Hunter .50cal
          Anyone else got one? Good, Bad, otherwise? Love the double set trigger!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom120b5050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	26053

Comment

• trumpychris
            trumpychris commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by bullbarrel7.62" post=9435
            I got one of these, Investarms (Lyman) basically a shorter version of the Lyman Great Plains Hunter .50cal
            Anyone else got one? Good, Bad, otherwise? Love the double set trigger!
            Mine looks exactly the same as yours, however mine is a Euroarms Hawken. I'm sure they are all from the same factory. I think the Thompson Center Hawken is pretty much the same as well.

I had mine out at the range today. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HX3i4nZ5w_o&feature=c4-feed-u
            Attached Files

From left to right, 1858 Remington Navy (.36 cal) repro, 1851 Colt Navy (.36 cal) repro and an 1860 Colt Army (.44 cal) repro

Comment

Working...
          X