.36 cal ball mold

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .36 cal ball mold

    is a .36 cal ball mold .360, or .375 ?
    Midway have a LEE .360 mold, but my paperwork for the pistol quotes the ball at .375, so I'm a bit confused
    I still have a wait on my PTA anyhows

    just sayin'.

  • #2
    I'd say it is .375 as the old measurements were the rifling not the bore like how it is measured today. Same as a .44 cap and ball takes a .454 ball which is a 45 as we know it now.


    • lvendramini
      lvendramini commented
      Editing a comment
      Green river rifle works mailed me 3 balls. .357 .360 and a slightly larger one to try in my single shot pistol.I chose the correct one for my pistol and ordered 100 from them..They may do the same for you.

  • #3
    Hi its a bit late with the answer as this is an old post , but for the record.
    A .360 Cal mold is for a 36cal single shot muzzle loader, & a .375 Cal mold is for a .36 cal revolver . as the cylinder has larger diameter holes than the barrel. Cheers