Where are all the Black Powder Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Black Powder Shooters

Its very quiet her after the other site and I miss all the good information and reading. Here is my last long range shot 1130 yards
    Attached Files
    This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

My sentiments,exactly.For Gods sake,post a picture of a powder flask-or sonething !!!
    Attached Files

Comment

certainly is a quiet area of the site.

I don't have a black powder rifle yet. Have been shooting my old mans muzzleloaders and he and i have both now decided to get into BP cartridge shooting. He's ordered a replica Trapdoor and i've got a high wall on order which is hopefully only a couple of weeks away.

Comment

• Hering
        Hering commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Dude

What make of high wall did you order? Thinking of getting one myself.

Hering

This isn't rocket science guys ... it's more complicated than that, and it has aspects of the Dark Arts, And this smokeless stuff will not last

Comment

I've been out shooting my cap and ball colts a fair bit I've got some videos somewhere of the walker and dragoon belching fire I'll see if I can find them. Haven't done anything noteworthy with the old blackpowder for awhile except work up some 000 brass shell blackpowder 12ga rounds should be fun out of the 1887 at a prac shotgun match.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Roy, been meaning to congratulate you on your long range hit on Coyote Dung at the 2013 Billy Dixon, Well Done.

Its a pedersoli in 45-70. Only had a chance to take it out to the range once so far but very happy with it.

Loaded a few rounds up with 70gr of 2f black and a few with 65gr of the alliant substitute.. Black powders fun but the substitute definitely causes less fowling.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          It certainly is quiet on this forum. Having said that, I have not been active on the Forum since the previous one closed. I have been active on the wallet though!. For those that know me and my 45-100 Quigley Rifle, in the last 8 months or so I have added a custom built 40-82 (that I cannot get to shoot straight!), a Pedersoli Sharps 40-65, a Pedersoli Sharps Silhouette in 45-90, a Pedersoli 45 Cal Flinter, a single and a double barrel 12G ML Shotgun, a custom built ML on a .310 Cadet barrel, and two Pedersoli ML BP Pistols. I want to get rid of 6 x .58 Cal Zouave rifles and a .58 Zouave Carbine (only fired 5 rounds) - anybody want to get into BP ML Shooting out there for a deal on a Zouave??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zouaves.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	78885

One in the picture has already been sold, I will keep two, the rest are available.
      Working...
      X