Air Rifle Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Rifle Fishing

Just though that I would share this one. Bit chuffed about it. Step aside you spear fishermen, bow fishing archers and worm drowners. Here's a new sport.

WARNING: We were on 50 acres so ricochet was not an issue. Getting showered was.

I was at the cousin's farm over the weekend and he was again complaining that he had Carp in his dam, otherwise known as his "Trout Lake", and no one had been able to catch them (carp) except my kids and I. Largest to date was 3.54kg over Easter with corn kernel by yours truly.

I was walking around the edge with Gabby, my trusty HW97K that had been recently tuned, to get to the bunnies on the far side when I noticed white lips slurping on the water surface.

Went back to the house to get some bread for berley and in they came. So, I picked the largest one, loaded an RWS HPoint (accurate at close distance), took aim, released the safety and blew its brains all over the water. Without brains, it weighed in at 4.23kg.

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Well, there you go, that's very different.
    Different type of Feral Hunting.

Thanks...

Comment

Do it again.......Do it again........I dares YA.......Bet ya can't

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        Chris,

I'm planning to drag that dam but we keep getting rain in the NE of Victoria. Let's try for another one when I'm there next. Bet you a tin of 0.177 H&N Hollow points. :P

There's a cat that I'm after up at the farm. Them, big game hunting. Cousin doesn't know it yet but he may get a cat rug in the kitchen one day. He's been wondering why the dogs been going crazy under the house. I know! I heard two of them having a cat fight. ................................................ Maybe one for the kitchen and one in front of the fireplace.

i can't see the photo

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        i can't see the photo
        Photo is back. Disappeared from Imgur.

Impressive!

Comment

That trick also works with a 308 but I suspect a little safer with the 308 cause the projectile is more likely to penetrate deeper into the water than ricoche.

Comment

Working...
        X