Baby Blue blows the pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Blue blows the pair

The mynahs around eastern side of Melbourne are now so intent of breeding and feeding their young that they are now just brazen. Found this pair having a well deserved snooze after they met the "Common as Muck" Laminated Blue HW97K in 0.177 this morning.

First the hen, and the cock bird decided to see if she was OK. He met the same fate within the minute. Had 9 around the dog feeder yesterday afternoon but everyone was home so I thought better of it.

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

That'll be why one dared to touch down at my place.
    Not long enough to get the gun out. Just a touch n go to test the waters.
    Can't be a local, they know better than to linger.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Consider a trap if there is a lot, its more fun to shoot them I know but better to get rid of them. And there are the calls to attract them.

Nice job Geoff - That`s slowed `em down a bit Good job you had a 97 in the laminate-stock too - I reckon those `Ten-A-Penny` plain ones would have struggled a bit

BTW Shame I don`t get the buggers round my place - cos the open-sights on my `Rare-as-Hens-Teeth` .20Cal 77K would be perfect for that sort of work
    "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Click image for larger version

Name:	5.10.13008.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	54731
      Here's four of a kind, one morning some weeks ago, was a big morning that was. Be really ready when the out-of-towners come in, they don't know who's having breakfast on the verandah.

• grmkc
      grmkc commented
      Editing a comment
      I have one of those Canberra style traps in the shed. They all got wise to it last year (before I got my Cat A&B ) license. They won't come near the joint when its out. Now they just keep coming. As long as there's bread in the dog bowl coloured red with food dye, they'll be there. Problem is the damn Australian Ravens (NOT Crows) get in the way of my shots sometimes. Subtle difference between the two. Don't get caught downing the wrong ones in VIC.

You're right Druid. I don't reckon the everyday variety would have had a chance with the 30m shots.

The problem with your place Nigel, is that they know you've got a shotty.

• mattw975
      mattw975 commented
      Editing a comment
      They'd need shades on if you & Geoff went Mynah bashing with your laminated Wineracks

Originally posted by Druid 66" post=43092
      Nice job Geoff - That`s slowed `em down a bit Good job you had a 97 in the laminate-stock too - I reckon those `Ten-A-Penny` plain ones would have struggled a bit

BTW Shame I don`t get the buggers round my place - cos the open-sights on my `Rare-as-Hens-Teeth` .20Cal 77K would be perfect for that sort of work

What's the diff between the grey myners and the brownish ones? Aren't they all shootable on sight?

Comment

• Movealongnothingtoseehere
      Movealongnothingtoseehere commented
      Editing a comment
      THe grey ones are noisy mynas and are native so it's bad juju to shoot them.

I'm so jealous, I see them all around my neighbourhood but never around my house. A pair did show up one christmas, but they were sent on their way and I think our resident magpies and butcher birds don't give them any quarter.

Yes the grey ones are native Australian Mynas, and while their squawking is only slightly less annoying than the Indian ones, they are protected and I reckon they keep the Injuns at bay at my place.

Of course an ultra-rare vintage Beeman R9 in .20 cal would have had them lining up.
    Beeman R9 .20 | Cometa Fusion .22 | Weihrauch HW80k .25

PCP is not my drug of choice

Comment

Good job on the vermin control.

I hate Indian mynas with a passion.

Noisy mynas are welcome at my place any time as are all native species.

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Stan. Usually the Noisy Miners around us keep the imports at bay but some how this year we seem to be overrun.

i love that blue lam stock
      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
      X