Dismantle a Shanghai .177 51? (edit - Model 'B2')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismantle a Shanghai .177 51? (edit - Model 'B2')

Hi folks,
    My good ole trusty Shanghai has lost alot of pressure, Wont even pierce a coke can at 10 yards.
    Im pretty certain the piston seal is dried up, as its been unused for the last 10 years.

Does anyone have any tips on rejuvenating the seal, or dismantling to replace parts?
    This is just an oldie, nothing special (except a properly cracked stock due for replacement...)

Ive read plenty on the UK forums, but not specifically for this type... :lol:

Hi...

Did you try here?

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/forum3.php

They have a forum specifically for springers. I had a quick look and couldnt see a mention of the 51 but I am sure if you ask the forum moderators they will point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps a little.

As for taking the gun apart...easy. Just watch a few videos on how to take an air rifle apart and let people here advise you should you get confused.

Paul

Comment

• sirus17
      sirus17 commented
      Editing a comment
      i did a restore for a friend, cleaned the crap out of the barrel and piston/sleeve then replaced the bushes with leather i cut out of a belt, i then went to a local shop that makes springs - had a spring turned up for 10 bux, stupid old chinese side lever thing went from not puncing holes in coke cans to poking holes in 19mm ply

Try neetsfoot oil down the transfer port (available at horse land).

This may restore a dried up seal if its not too bad.

Comment

What Matt said, but if it's dry it won't only be dry at the front, so it might just be easier to take the piston out so you can give the washer a nice even soak all over (well, a nice even wipe and let that soak in. If you let the leather soak up too much it will diesel forever). As Paul said, it's not that difficult.

Comment

I replaced one a few years ago with a blue plastic seal.
        Have heard of other blokes cutting up old leather work boots to make a replacement seal.
        I got the rubber seal from QGE for about 9 bucks 5 years ago, we'll worth the upgrade.

Davo

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Davo86" post=6381
          I replaced one a few years ago with a blue plastic seal.
          Have heard of other blokes cutting up old leather work boots to make a replacement seal.
          I got the rubber seal from QGE for about 9 bucks 5 years ago, we'll worth the upgrade.

Davo
          Have got an old Diana 16 that I spun up a new seal for, it was better than the old leather one. Still week as piss tho
          Before that we just used to put a few drops of oil down the air port but it didn't even have the power to ignite the oil.

Hi...

This was on another web site. I thought it might be of help to others who want to work on a B2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOlfwp7HG4w

I am sure Tinker would have seen it by now.but it will/might/could/should help others.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X