Weihrauch HW50s tuning. ( in progress )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weihrauch HW50s tuning. ( in progress )

Hey guys,
    Late last week, GRMKC came over and gave me a hand dissembling my HW50s so we could remove the spring to give to the one and only air gun wizard!
    It went great and I learnt a heap!
    it was also good to familiarise myself with how my rifle functions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	22893

Afterwoulds I was givin the homework of polishing some of the moving parts visible without opening the whole trigger mechanism.
    This was a fairly easy and quick job I'm happy I had no troubles with this except for the little nut that sits loose held by some grease, it seems the Grease has dried up and the nut is prone to falling out ( especially when mum wants to have a look at it )
    At least I found it within a few seconds.

Name:	image_2013-10-02.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	22894

The other thing I had to do was give the spring tube ( is that the right word haha) a clean.
    To do this I used and old drum stick with a few layers of tissues on it, it actually wasn't horrible dirty it took around four run throughs of the tissue for it to turn up clean.

Name:	image_2013-10-02-2.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	22895

Its still a work in progress but it's coming together quickly and ill keep this thread updated with progress as we go along.
    But since its my first firearm project I'm really happy how its going and I look forward to many more in the future I also thank Geoff ( again haha ) without his help this wouldn't have being possible.
    A13

Geoff's a good guy. Listen to what he has to say and pay careful attention to what he does and not only will you have a nice rifle at the end of it, you'll have picked up some invaluable experience for future projects.

GB,

Russ.

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Comment

A13, if you ever watch You Tube's Vermin Hunters TV, the latest episode shows them shooting the SFS "IMP" which is a fettled HW99.

Its very similar to a HW50 & I would expect your's to shoot as sweetly once the wizardry has been completed.

Top job on documenting the strip down, listen to Geoff & all will be good.

I'm watching out for the Postie as I write this to see if your spring arrives today.

Cheers,

Matt W

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        Opps. Sorry A13. Should have said something about that stupid nut in the trigger assembly. We'll loctite it when the spring comes home.

The piston is now shining like a mirror and the seal itself also given a quick once over.

Over to you Matt.

Hey geoff and all.
      Very very impressed with the turnout and she is truly holding up against 2500$+ pcp setups, infact some of their scopes cost more then my whole setup!
      I shot it in the air rifle sillhohette state champs adult and junior comp and hit 17/40 animals, i could of done better but for my first time shooting competitively with it I'm impressed!
      Even managed to know 7 out of 10 rams down in practise!
      Here are some on paper results.

Name:	image_2013-10-25.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	35280

Name:	image_2013-10-25-2.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	35281
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey geoff and all.
        Very very impressed with the turnout and she is truly holding up against 2500$+ pcp setups, infact some of their scopes cost more then my whole setup!
        I shot it in the air rifle sillhohette state champs adult and junior comp and hit 17/40 animals, i could of done better but for my first time shooting competitively with it I'm impressed!
        Even managed to know 7 out of 10 rams down in practise!
        Here are some on paper results.

Name:	image_2013-10-25-4.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	35284

Name:	image_2013-10-25-5.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	35285

Name:	image_2013-10-25-6.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	35286

Comment

Sorry for the double post ( how do i delet it? )and the side way pics.
          Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by allrounder_13" post=20432
            Sorry for the double post ( how do i delet it? )and the side way pics.
            Thanks.
            Double post cleaned up.
            As for pics - best to rotate and save them before attaching to the thread.
        Working...
        X