H&N FTT pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&N FTT pellets

H&N FTT pellets have slipped in the QC department. I'm finding that 1 in about every 3-4 are a loose fit and shooting them over the chrony revealed that a loose pellet can drop the MV by 70 fps! Yep, from 780fps to 706fps because the pellet is undersized..
    You fellas have to agree that's pretty ordinary for a 'quality' pellet. And the real shame is that they are an efficient pellet that give the highest ME and penetration in my '80.. when they fit properly.. but I'm finding the more I shoot them the more I'm finding that a lot just don't fit properly.
    I know that I could try to flare out the skirts a but to make them seal better (what a boring job!) but really, this is something that I think that H&N should address.
    Are you guys finding the same thing or did I just get a dud pack?

GB,

Russ.

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

BTW my rifle is in .22

GB,

Russ.

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Comment

• grmkc
      grmkc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Russ,

I have had no issues with my FTTs in the HW97K but I have been working with three (3) different head sizes though. There are actually 4 variations of this pellet; the general tin from LGS of 5.5 or the tighter tolerance types of 5.53mm 5.54mm & 5.55mm. My HW settled on the 5.55s. You can get the latter from ACME who imports them directly from Germany.

PM me. Geoff

Hey guys,

Just noticed that this post was eited. Sorry if it didn't keep with the rules guys, I should've thought more before posting. I feel a bit embarrassed coz I was one of the biggest critics on the old sight on people not following the rules, so just wanted to say sorry and it won't happen again.

GB,

Russ.

Comment

Working...
    X