Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana 34

G'day all.
    Just wanted to show the Diana 34 177 I picked up a couple of months ago and you guys helped me with over on shooting.com.au.
    The more I use the more I like .
    Also taking the opertunity to learn my way around the new forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2103.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	22040

Hope this works

Looks great, I also enjoy shooting my 34 as well. Mainly on mice and pigeons now as I use the PCP for rabbits, not that the 34 hasen't taken a few, just under powered for the odd fox What pellets have you ended up chosing? Mine likes RWS Superdomes, both before I tuned it and even more so now, or Superfields.

If you havent tuned it you will like it even more once it has been tamed a bit . I put a Macci moderate power tune kit in as it kept breaking springs and shook my first AR rated scope to bits (Only a cheap Tasco). Its now puting the 8.4gr Superdomes out at 790fps and is much more pleasant to use and not as hold sensitive which has made it more accurate in the field.

Matt also kindly spun up a barrel weight/ cocking aid for me which has finished it off very nicely .

Comment

Ditto on the Maccari kit - I put the OS kit in mine a while ago, now it shoots JSB Exacts at around 800fps, much smoother.

LtFrank, what's the date on your 34?

Comment

No tune up kit at this stage.....yet. Just a good clean and polish of the internals along with a serve of molly graese.
        Last lot of chrony resulsts were giving 840fps with RWS 8.2gn WC's.
        H&N Barracudas 10.65gn pellets have been the best of the few samples I've got so far, FTT's, Superdomes and Crossman Premiers are top of the to test list (subject to availability in my area).
        Do plan to make a spring top hat next, kind of enjoying the tune up as a DIY one step at a time. For now just want to shoot it for a bit.
        This one is a 1988 vintage

Thanks for the interest guys.

Comment

I thought it had a familiar look about it - mine is a 1988 model as well. I got it second hand in about 1990, time flies when you're having fun :P

Comment

• LtFrankDrebbin
            LtFrankDrebbin commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by shiny" post=9461
            I thought it had a familiar look about it - mine is a 1988 model as well. I got it second hand in about 1990, time flies when you're having fun :P
            I wonder if the Germans realise thy sent us bicentenial models
        Working...
        X