A Beginners Guide to Air Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Air rifles became popular over the course of the past years considering the handy appeal that it has. It has enough firepower to knock down small animals that can come in handy during hunting and for pest control purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Druid66
    replied
    That`s Cool Havoc

Leave a comment:

• mykii_shooter
    commented on Guest's reply
    I think that's about as close as I can get. That's all the other 2 guns I listed were .. I'll look into chasing some info up on the marauder then.

Mykii

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    The Latest version of the Marauder is ambidextrous. Seems like the bolt can be changed from left to right and vice versa.

Probably not what you're after, but it is what it is.

Thought you guys might find this interesting...

Guest replied
    Hi....

I would suggest a TF79, but we are still waiting for those.

You might like to consider the ease and accuracy of a Umarex 850. Just a little look at this would help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkkkSzdrvPo

and may I suggest that you get .22 cal. Beats the heck out of all that pumping and breaking of barrels, no matter what brand.

Paul

Leave a comment:

Originally posted by Jared" post=47072
    Thanks Nigel,

I'm new to this forum and new to Air Gunning, its great to hear so many people are passionate about AR's
    I have been to the shop and selected a couple of springers to get started with this sport so I can learn

1, Diana 350 magnum classic .22 b reak barrel
    2, Gamo CFX royal .22 under lever (not sure if I should change this to a .177 cal ??)

just after your thoughts here mate will these be a good start? I live in Perth and im going to be hunting
    Firstly you should choose the one you like.
    You're the one that's going to shoot it and if you like it, you're more likely to use it.

A .177 will shoot flatter than a .22.
    I prefer a .22 for rabbit hunting.

I think you should have a look around at what is available for both of those in the after market department.
    Choose a model which is readily serviced, has spares available and someone makes a kit for.

Guest replied
    Thanks Nigel,

I'm new to this forum and new to Air Gunning, its great to hear so many people are passionate about AR's
    I have been to the shop and selected a couple of springers to get started with this sport so I can learn how to shoot these first
    then move up to a PCP.

1, Diana 350 magnum classic .22 b reak barrel
    2, Gamo CFX royal .22 under lever (not sure if I should change this to a .177 cal ??)

just after your thoughts here mate will these be a good start? I live in Perth and im going to be hunting rabbits / plinking.

cheers,

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Oz" post=10108
    Morning all
    I find myself drawn to acquire an air rifle. Already own several rimfire and centrefires and a Steyr LP50 airpistol.
    PCP would be preference (all ready have the setup for my pistol) and I do like look and feel of the Steyr Hunter 5., it does however seem to come at a premium price.
    Any other suggestions for available in Australia, multishot, PCP, .177, full sized offerings?
    Mostly target / plinking / maybe silouette and the odd rabbit?
    Thanks Oz.
    I can def recommend the webley raider, check out the raider topic in this forum. They are great value for money, mine was just under $600 with pump and a new transfer port was about $20 from memory. Took mine out for shoot this morning, LOVE IT.

Chewy.

Guest commented on 's reply
    Off the top of my head, a Benjamin Maurader or Gamo Dynamax - both around $900 - $1,000, both with 10 shot mags, both PCP. Don't know anything about them other than they exist.

• Oz
    replied
    Morning all
    I find myself drawn to acquire an air rifle. Already own several rimfire and centrefires and a Steyr LP50 airpistol.
    PCP would be preference (all ready have the setup for my pistol) and I do like look and feel of the Steyr Hunter 5., it does however seem to come at a premium price.
    Any other suggestions for available in Australia, multishot, PCP, .177, full sized offerings?
    Mostly target / plinking / maybe silouette and the odd rabbit?
    Thanks Oz.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm newish to airgunning being more than something you do here and there over a few years, but I'm a pro at looking at kill pics, and one thing I can tell you for sure is that a kill pic ALWAYS looks better with a classy weapon in it.

BTW - you can't address yourself as the classy weapon either :P

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just did a you tube search and saw this:

Looks fairly simple. Anything to be concerned about doing it this way?

Leave a comment:

Hi...

Contact Matt W on this web site. His girls make and sell cleaning kits for air rfiles. Its really good to encourage kids and these kits really work!

Paul

Guest replied
    Something that may seem like a non issue for you guys but is actually really puzzling me, is what's the best (and easiest - even though those 2 don't normally go hand in hand) way of Cleaning your barrel - especially a choked barrel, and some pictures would also help.

I ask this of more so Druid or Billy as they have the MRod - and I'm getting one, so I wanna know how to clean it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X