Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webley Rebel

Hi....

All my brass is now ultrasonicly clean and polished. All my rifles just about shine like they were once new...and those that are not all that old look new. All the ammo I needed to load is loaded......even the .310 sizing problem has been solved. Its inside weather and the range is shutting for the Christmas season. I was getting boared! My old Mum would say I was turning into a cabbage head.

So I looked at what the LGS's had to offer,( some had bugger all) around the place that was cheap enough to spur something in me without leaving what was left of my pocket money in tatters ( yes, I said pocket money...even at my age....my wife says I am irresponsible with money..she may be right!!).. Something was needed to scare some pigeons, that my son has an eye on, in a shed. Seems if you miss with my other rifles you can poke holes in the roof iron.

The choice came down to a Stoeger 5 or a Webley Rebel. The Stoeger looked nice, but the Rebel looked interesting. So I decided on the Rebel. I signed some paper work and walked out the door, with a smile on my face.....then it dawned on me...it will be a while until I get it. By that time there may be well more brass to clean, ammo to load and the range will be open.......!!!

Oh well...I will have something else to fiddle with eventually........

Anybody got one? It was just under $145 so it will be nothing special.....but should be good for something...let me know.

Paul

They are loosely based on the Sharp Innova, I think for the money they are a pretty good Plinker or short range pest gun

Originally posted by paul" post=44104
    Hi....

All my brass is now ultrasonicly clean and polished. All my rifles just about shine like they were once new...and those that are not all that old look new. All the ammo I needed to load is loaded......even the .310 sizing problem has been solved. Its inside weather and the range is shutting for the Christmas season. I was getting boared! My old Mum would say I was turning into a cabbage head.

So I looked at what the LGS's had to offer,( some had bugger all) around the place that was cheap enough to spur something in me without leaving what was left of my pocket money in tatters ( yes, I said pocket money...even at my age....my wife says I am irresponsible with money..she may be right!!).. Something was needed to scare some pigeons, that my son has an eye on, in a shed. Seems if you miss with my other rifles you can poke holes in the roof iron.

The choice came down to a Stoeger 5 or a Webley Rebel. The Stoeger looked nice, but the Rebel looked interesting. So I decided on the Rebel. I signed some paper work and walked out the door, with a smile on my face.....then it dawned on me...it will be a while until I get it. By that time there may be well more brass to clean, ammo to load and the range will be open.......!!!

Oh well...I will have something else to fiddle with eventually........

Anybody got one? It was just under $145 so it will be nothing special.....but should be good for something...let me know.

Paul

Comment

Hey Paul, There are a couple of Rebels on abused guns..... and there was an Inova there when I last looked. Changhai as well and the newer breed of Chinese copies.
      Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an Innova and a Rebel.

The Rebel definitely needs a bit of attention to get it working well, but is truly worth its asking price, and is sweet to shoot particularly once the trigger is sorted

I did a fairly comprehensive post on the old forum re mods I made and tweaking. Not sure if that is still accessible??

Let us know when you get it, and I'll help you out if you like.

Sounds like a lot of fun for only $99

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=27133
      "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Druid 66" post=44334
        Sounds like a lot of fun for only $99

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=27133
        Sadly by the time you add freight ($30), interstate transfers (upwards of $50) , ownership transfers ($29) $99 balloons a real lot. Cheaper to pay more and shop at a LGS. Even sadder is that we can get little benefit from the Eastern States and their lower prices.

Sometimes I really feel ripped off.

Paul
    Working...
    X