What do you predict for the future of airguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you predict for the future of airguns?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what you guys reckon is the future of airgunning?
    Imo pcp prices will drop dramatically and be more affordable for everyone.
    I also think hatsan will be an emerging pcp air gun power.
    All my ideas are opinions not fact.
    What do you think the airgun industry is heading?

Hi A13,

BSA are ramping up to become a more Global brand.

Hatsan will continue to improve, as will the Chinese & the Korean's. You never know the Indian's may roll a few things out.

Gas Rams will become more popular & springers will use more synthetic internals ( a la Air Arms springers).

More PCP's will go electronic & integral pumps will become more popular.

Scopes will come with rangefinders & integrated Night Vision capabilities.

And over here shrouds will still be prohibited unless Druid becomes the next PM.

CO2 guns will become more consistent (see the Milbro Metisse) & more non lead pellets will be marketed.

FT will spread to other states.

And I will get a massive permission with loads of rabbits, rats!, pigeons & mynah's, 10 minutes from home & will get paid $50 hour to cull them with a paid 2hr lunch break.

Yep the future looks bright.

Cheers,

Matt W

Originally posted by allrounder_13" post=43501
    Hey guys,

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks matt, im glad you took the time to comment your opinions are highly respected.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by mattw975" post=43528
      Hi A13,

BSA are ramping up to become a more Global brand.

Hatsan will continue to improve, as will the Chinese & the Korean's. You never know the Indian's may roll a few things out.

Gas Rams will become more popular & springers will use more synthetic internals ( a la Air Arms springers).

More PCP's will go electronic & integral pumps will become more popular.

Scopes will come with rangefinders & integrated Night Vision capabilities.

And over here shrouds will still be prohibited unless Druid becomes the next PM.

CO2 guns will become more consistent (see the Milbro Metisse) & more non lead pellets will be marketed.

FT will spread to other states.

And I will get a massive permission with loads of rabbits, rats!, pigeons & mynah's, 10 minutes from home & will get paid $50 hour to cull them with a paid 2hr lunch break.

Yep the future looks bright.

Cheers,

Matt W

Hey guys,
      Why'd you have to go say all that - Now I'm thinking about a Utopian Society where we can shoot bunnies and use them as currency for everything. Atleast there's a heap of them, so everyone can be fed.

Hello

The future? Well perhaps....

gas rams become more reliable

ways are found to produce more explosive energy will less effort

AR's become lighter

green pellets become reliable

more people see CO2 as a viable power source

our almost sister sport air soft gets recognised

But if I had to wish:

The States would ease up on air rifles,making fees and procedures quicker and cheaper

The laws would be simpler and not as worrysome

Shrouds and silencers would be allowed ( I just wrote two S words.....ummm....hope cops aint watching)

Finally....the LGS was closer....or better...I own one....!!

Its nice thinking of the future....

Paul

Comment

• mattw975
      mattw975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paul,

Gas Rams have always been reliable, they just need to make them like Theoben

Originally posted by paul" post=43539
      Hello

The future? Well perhaps....

gas rams become more reliable

ways are found to produce more explosive energy will less effort

AR's become lighter

green pellets become reliable

more people see CO2 as a viable power source

our almost sister sport air soft gets recognised

But if I had to wish:

The States would ease up on air rifles,making fees and procedures quicker and cheaper

The laws would be simpler and not as worrysome

Shrouds and silencers would be allowed ( I just wrote two S words.....ummm....hope cops aint watching)

Finally....the LGS was closer....or better...I own one....!!

Its nice thinking of the future....

Paul

Hey guys,
    From what I've read and heard from people at ranges and gun stores, More people are in fact purchasing Air Rifles. It's interesting, we have this divided group of shooters, Air gunners and everyone else (or atleast it seems this way).

I agree with the shrouds being revised and allowed - i think it's really shortsighted and Naive of the Government to push people towards more powerful weapons for things like targets and small quarry like Bunnies with the viewpoint that it's safer for the general public. I mean really?!?!

Comment

Short term yes as said above but long term air charged weapons may disappear. It might seem a bit like science fiction but if we are talking technology advancement then I reckon things will move towards rail guns (acceleration of metal projectiles with electromagnetic fields). It might seem like a long way off but the US Navy is already playing with ship based weapons. When you start reading about the kinetic energy these weapons can produce it's mind blowing.

Comment

• mattw975
        mattw975 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the way the worlds going, but the grown ups here don't even trust us with sluggies !!!

Originally posted by dinofreak" post=43582
        Short term yes as said above but long term air charged weapons may disappear. It might seem a bit like science fiction but if we are talking technology advancement then I reckon things will move towards rail guns (acceleration of metal projectiles with electromagnetic fields). It might seem like a long way off but the US Navy is already playing with ship based weapons. When you start reading about the kinetic energy these weapons can produce it's mind blowing.

I think air guns will become more prevalent and I agree with everything said above except For Matt's last sentence in his first reply. Giving the bottle a nudge again are ya mate :lol: ?

Seriously though I think there are some pretty good thing ahead on the air gun front and only time will tell. Our biggest problem is our government can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that people aren't going to go robbing banks with shrouded/silenced air guns (oops looks like I'm going to hell as well, at least I'll be in good company )

With air gun sales currently appearing to be at record highs I'm ever confident that somewhere some of them have got to start spilling over into the competition sector.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Lets hope so Chris. on the upside we had 6 shooters at AR silhouettes on Thursday night you never know next year may build it to double figures. Oh and no prises for who came last..

I think in the future we will all become one and form our own club to have a voice. The voice of the people then will spread at gun shows teaching people about air guns.

this will help gain people on our side and spread the sport faster and further.

once the members grow in the club that is when the whole shrouded problem will be put out there again and try to school the pollys.

Comment

Hey guys,
        Interesting topic to be raised by some one so young. Are you 14 yet? How are the school holidays treating you?
        My 2 bobs worth on the future of Air guns,
        1. Druid for PM so our ridiculous laws will be changed
        2. Everyone will own a Daystate
        3. One day I will own that HW97 with blue laminate stock
        4. I will win lotto, buy a huge block of land that everyone can shoot on for a small fee ( bottle of Bundy should do it )
        On a serious note I believe ARs are more prevalent than most people realise, it is just a matter of getting the owners to start attending comps. With all the rigmarole involved in acquiring a license I can understand why new shooters go straight to anything other than airguns and it is these new shooters, especially if they are a fair bit younger than myself, who never got to enjoy backyard plinking. Personally I have gone full circle, had a sluggy as a young bloke, then got involved with everything else until a few years ago when I realised how far advanced air rifles are compared to back then, I can probably thank Chris and a few other RMS shooters for that, and now I am hooked or should that be enlightened :lol:
        IMHO I think Airguns have a bright future in this country despite the laws.

Comment

• mattw975
          mattw975 commented
          Editing a comment
          Strikey for Deputy PM

Originally posted by Strikey" post=43766
          Hey guys,
          Interesting topic to be raised by some one so young. Are you 14 yet? How are the school holidays treating you?
          My 2 bobs worth on the future of Air guns,
          1. Druid for PM so our ridiculous laws will be changed
          2. Everyone will own a Daystate
          3. One day I will own that HW97 with blue laminate stock
          4. I will win lotto, buy a huge block of land that everyone can shoot on for a small fee ( bottle of Bundy should do it )
          On a serious note I believe ARs are more prevalent than most people realise, it is just a matter of getting the owners to start attending comps. With all the rigmarole involved in acquiring a license I can understand why new shooters go straight to anything other than airguns and it is these new shooters, especially if they are a fair bit younger than myself, who never got to enjoy backyard plinking. Personally I have gone full circle, had a sluggy as a young bloke, then got involved with everything else until a few years ago when I realised how far advanced air rifles are compared to back then, I can probably thank Chris and a few other RMS shooters for that, and now I am hooked or should that be enlightened :lol:
          IMHO I think Airguns have a bright future in this country despite the laws.

What do I predict for the future of airguns?!

TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION Especially here in Australia

Once of course our misguided (and obviously not very bright ) politicians wake up to the fact that by classifying `not specially dangerous` airguns in exactly the same way as more powerful firearms it actually encourages new gun owners to buy more powerful firearms instead

BTW A big thank you for those of you who`ve recently nominated me for the highest office of government - May I assure you that if elected the first item on my parties agenda shall be the immediate lifting of the ban on silencers
        "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

I think in the future the PCP air rifle will get more and more powerful and infact rival the .22 LR. We already have some enterprising folk modding PCP's up to 4000 psi. At this current time more manufacturers are going to higher pressure 240 bar reservoirs. Possibly manufacturers may go toward electronic valves as Daystate and crosman have demonstrated there consistency and efficiency. well get ever more and more shots per fill and pump technology will get better and better and affordable high pressure pumps specifically for PCP's will be made cheaper and better. i have seen guys modifying Airforce condors and pushing .257 bullets of 150 grain at 900+ FPS , big bore air rifles pushing 250 gr bullets at over 700 fps and some nudging 1000 fps ! Air rifles will become more recognized as hunting guns rather than plinkers.

And i concure Druid for PM !!!

Comment

Working...
          X