Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=43434
    I'm not going to get an air rifle, just like I'm not going to get a .22. I don't care what center fire ammo costs, that's what I use so have to pay for it. I know it's expensive and a center fire usually demands a quality scope to go with it.

Each to there own I guess.
    There may be a possibility of you becoming enlightened at the forum shoot in Mudgee if you are still going If Jen happens to get divorced you may have to stand in line :lol:
    I agree with Chris on the subject of powder burners but I am working on my AR collection :P

Guest commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=43434
    I'm not going to get an air rifle, just like I'm not going to get a .22. I don't care what center fire ammo costs, that's what I use so have to pay for it. I know it's expensive and a center fire usually demands a quality scope to go with it.

Yyyyyep!

• grmkc
    commented on 's reply
    Hi SC. It's a case of horses for courses. Given that you're in NE Vic and shoot/hunt what you do, an AR might well be pointless. I say, you do what you need to do.

You love Jennifer Hawkins but I adore Katherine Zeta-Jones. And, IF we both get what we want, we're GOOD.

• mattw975
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi Paul,

Yes he loved the accuracy, stealthiness of the AR. And the fact it could match anything he had for range shooting.

He's a DIY Night Vision fan too, we could of chatted for hours if we both didn't have other places to be

Cheers,

Matt

Originally posted by paul" post=43475
    Hi...

A new convert...thats great...and lets hope we can role out the welcome Matt.

My view on powder burners is that its all part of the sport.

Paul

Guest replied
    Hi...

A new convert...thats great...and lets hope we can role out the welcome Matt.

My view on powder burners is that its all part of the sport.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Sambar Country
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    Originally posted by SuburbanMe" post=43423
    Sweet.
    "How much does it cost you for 5000 rounds? $760 or so huh? wow! It's costs me around $170 for the same amount". They usually don't have much to say after that.
    LOL! so true! the look on peoples faces when you say that is priceless.

Cheers,

Nuzo

Guest replied
    Sweet.

Personally, I don't have anything really against powder burners - They have their uses, but I've always been more drawn towards Air guns. Growing up I was interested in pistol shooting after watching the Olympics - That interest never went anywhere.

Then at 8years old, I shot my first air rifle, nailing AA batteries from 10 - 15m maybe even out to 20 - but it was so long ago it could be like that fish I once caught. I was nailing the batteries though. So after that years went by - shot a couple of times with AG's but nothing until I was working in the USA in 2008. Picked up a pumper from Walmart and I was hooked. Finally got my Mrod and I'm happy happy!

So Hearing about guys coming to the dark side from Powder burners is really cool IMO. It's SUPER refreshing! The mentality that AG's aren't real guns because they don't burn powder is just illogical to me, and it seems to be the general thought process (or at least to those less enlightened as you boys ). My biggest call to someone that says "pfft, screw air rifles, I'll use my .22 Z's and nail bunnies easier than you will" is simply this: "How much does it cost you for 5000 rounds? $760 or so huh? wow! It's costs me around $170 for the same amount". They usually don't have much to say after that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, there is a few of us AR converts around , some would say we have seen the light. I still have a need for my powder burners and would not say my air gun is the most accurate rifle out to 50m I own but it is definitely the most consistent. My Sako, Anschutz and Brno Mod 1 are all tack drivers when fed the right batch of ammo but if anything changes, its back to the drawing board, with the air rifle just top up the air, feed it Jsb's and all is good
    Hope your mate joins the forum, Matt

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    He's seen the light by the sounds of it Matt

Leave a comment:

• mattw975
    started a topic Met another Airgunner today

Met another Airgunner today

Guys,

I dropped off a single shot tray to a local guy who has recently acquired a .22 MRod (I've invited him to join the forum).

A thoroughly nice chap, who shoots allsorts of powder burners. During our chat he told me after shooting many .22 LR's in many a Benchrest comp, that out to 50M his MRod is the most accurate rifle he now owns.

Another AR convert
Working...
X