My Thoughts on the TX200 mkiii .22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on the TX200 mkiii .22

Well I better post something about the TX200. First of all I will say its been a long wait and am very happy now with all that has gone on.
    It kind of reminds me of my old diana 48-52 its heavy, takes about the same to cock and also hold sensitive.
    I found shooting off my hand resting on the bag gave me the best results.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20131212_1303121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	53146

It is quite pellet fussy also liking the medium to heavy pellets in both pointed and domed.
    I will give you averages only in fps as not to bore you with to many figures.
    jsb exact 14.35 grn averaged @ 695fps
    h&n ftt 14.66grn averaged @ 704fps
    rws super points 14.5 grn @ 699fps
    Ill just give you the round up on the best preforming ones very consistent this is after about 100 150 shots to run in and zero it as well.
    Here are some groups that I shot @ 20m

Name:	20131212_1320101.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	53147

Name:	20131212_1345131.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	53148

Name:	20131212_1306111.jpg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	53149

Got to be happy with that I think the saying goes the gun is more accurate than I will ever be.

And here are some pics for those who like them.

Name:	20131212_1305051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	53150

Name:	20131212_1321461.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	53151

I do have a couple of bad things to say but I dont think they are too bad just me nit picking. The rubber grommet that stops the cocking lever from hitting the shroud has broken.

Name:	20131212_1322491.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	53152
    Also there is a minor scratch on the shroud but its very minor I dont know if its from manufacture or customs fiddling with it or just from transit.
    All in all its top quality thats for sure and I highly recommend getting one if its what your after. Now its zeroed in I will try it out in the field on some bunnies and starlings. I do have some more pellets coming to try out so look out for the results on those as well.
    Oh I better add that its topped with the Hawke Varmint 4x16x44 held in place by BKL mounts.
    Cheers Burg

Don't you just love that Varmint scope Burg? I have three of them. Looking good mate.
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

It'll probably improve a bit more as the seals begin to bed in and everything frees up.
      My 97 has taken about 3 tins to settle down.

Post some more groups in a couple of monthsafter you've gotten used to it and it's fully run it.
      I wouldn't have thought it'd be as hold sensitive with a pre-fettled gun like that.

Shame about the rubber grommet - poor design or heavy handed?

Comment

Man that is sweet looking! and the groupings are real nice too!

Just think, lifting the weight will just make you one Buff Mofo!

Comment

What` the story regarding the shroud Burg?
          Does the barrel come flush with the end? Is their a void? - If so How much? - Any Air Diffuser in there or anything else that`s perfectly normal everywhere-else on the planet...
          "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            The grommet is a poor design but its a common fault I found by doing a bit of the old Google search. Fixed by placing a o ring on the cocking lever as can be seen in photo.
            The shroud has about 2 inch space after the end of the barrel nothing but a big gap so nothing in there it is quite quiet the action is very smooth and as you guys mentioned will improve as I run more pellets through it. All I need is some time to get used to how it behaves it will not give consistent groups off the bag itself but gently holding the forend it give groups like above.

Whats the red near the scope mounts?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I was waiting for someone to ask about that its electrical tape a old trick my pop showed me once its to check if the mounts are moving I put it there because the mounts are meant to be the best you can get but they dont have an arrestor pin so I wanted to make sure it wasn't moving I will remove it now it hasn't moved whatsoever.

Burg
          As you know XTEK (importers of Air Arms) had to send their last batch back to England as they could not get through Customs - hence the long wait. Do you know what modifications Air Arms had to make to make them Australian 'legal'? I ask on the basis that I have a .177 Cal on order.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I cant see anything changed on this but it was the hunter carbine they didn't like it has a removable plenum silencer.
        Working...
        X