BSA AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSA AR

Can anyone tell me anything about BSA AR's someone wants to give one. Wondering if its worth doing the paper work for.

All depends what it is.

Comment

Can't give info, but if it's free and it's all in working order, why wouldn't you?

Hell, I would love to get my hands on even the most basic AR for free. I'll fill in paperwork all day!

Comment

True, but if it's a nice old BSA springer my advice would be to give it a miss...and let me have it.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Riz" post=39981
          True, but if it's a nice old BSA springer my advice would be to give it a miss...and let me have it.
          I'll take that BSF on the classifieds off your hands if the price is non existent!

Blimey, I'm just about giving it away as it is!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Riz" post=39984
          Blimey, I'm just about giving it away as it is!
          Yeah I know, and I'm thinking about it. I was just being cheeky. :P

Everything's better if it's free!

I dare say its either a Mercury, Meteor, Airsporter or Supersport.

All great Pommie guns, with spares readily available.

If its an older BSA standard, bagsie second dibs on it

Originally posted by JM Caddy" post=39969
        Can anyone tell me anything about BSA AR's someone wants to give one. Wondering if its worth doing the paper work for.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool think ill take it ill post the details when I get them also a Mossman 22 magnum there should I grab it to.

I reckon you should grab it as soon as you can and then you have an excuse for missing those silhouettes instead of blaming the young blokes Steyr :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Strikey" post=40145
          I reckon you should grab it as soon as you can and then you have an excuse for missing those silhouettes instead of blaming the young blokes Steyr :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good point. Mind you I am beginning to think its me.

hi there in my experience any bsa is worth a look do you know if its a spring or pcp I have a bsa ultra se multishot and its a great rifle ,without a scope it cost £500 so if someone is offering you a free rifle grab it quick .stokie99

Comment

Hi JM
          BSA Back in Aug I was lucky to be allowed a tour through the small factory, I'll post a pic from outside, wasn't allowed to take pic's inside. I'm a Big fan of BSA Air rifles and have a love and respect of all their rifles and what they did through the 2 x World wars . I have only had 2 AR's 1st in 1978 I purchased from Kmart Cannon hill Brisbane for $54.99, it lasted just over 20 years with 3 springs . And I didn't give it the care it should have been given , I was 15 then when I brought it with my 1st pay from Meat works .
          If I had bought it now, I'm well made and I'm sure it would be better looked after

2009 I purchased a XL Supersport from QGE $420 and It going great for a Cheap springer.
          But the best and most powerfull springer I have shot is the Diana 350 magnum classic. A bloke saw me at Belmont one day with the BSA and gave me about 25 shots , for taking game at 50 mts the Magnum is a YES but its a lot more $$$$ or buy a PCP AR
          All brands have their good and bad models and everyone got a opinion , Would I buy another BSA rifle = Hell Yeah!

My Dad ,his Dad and his 3 Essex England brothers have all grown up on 2 brands BSA and Webly and love them both .
          Few pic's for ya.
          Good luck with your choice Mate
          Cheers
          Tk0
          Click image for larger version

Name:	3688.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	52239

Name:	062_2013-12-10.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	52240

Name:	064.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	52241

Name:	071.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	52242

Name:	072.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	52243

Name:	075.jpg
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	52244

Name:	076.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	52245
          Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
          Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
          Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
          Ruger American .22wmr
          BSA SuperSport XL .22
          Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
          Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

As an Essex lad myself, I'd just like to say nice pics, nice guns, and nice calendar.

Comment

• Mack260rem
              Mack260rem commented
              Editing a comment
              Kool Riz good old Essex hey , great country side there, heaps to do, fish,, shoot, with heaps of rabbits and foxes and pigeons

Hopefully I wont get a lot of bagging over the history listen I posted before and now lol.
              I was born in Romford Essex in 63 and move here arrived Australia day 1968 .
              But it took me 45 years to go back for a visit and see family , spent 8 weeks in there summer june, july and early Aug Wow what a time.
              I just come back from another trip over there last week , for a funeral
              But still was good being there with family, But it was bloody COLD

Terribly off thread....

Up the HAMMERS!!!!......

back to being civil now...

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X