Got me a property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a property!

My folks know some people that have 5 acres somewhat nearby and apparently have a bunny issue. So I hit my old man up to do some recon for me and turns out the land owners wife was the one that jumped straight in and said "get him over now if he wants, there's a couple of the bastards out back right now!"

So tomorrow, I'm off to survey the property, try and find a nice little hidey hole where I'm totally out of sight, and I might even see if I can take a couple.

Amazing how different people react when you say something like "got any bunnies that I can remove with my sluggy?" as opposed to "May I shoot rabbits on your property?". Just using the term 'Slug gun' or 'sluggy' is enough for people to almost say "hey, I'll pay you to do it!".

Anyway, Needless to say I'm pretty pumped right now. Just been watching how to gut the little buggers, so with a little luck I won't vomit in the middle of it. Looks like they're easy to peel too!

good on you mate.
    just goes to show,.............If you never ask,......you'll never know.
    hope you get some.

BTW,........once you've been there a couple of times, don't forget to maybe give her something nice in return.
    always goes down well.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=38937
      good on you mate.
      just goes to show,.............If you never ask,......you'll never know.
      hope you get some.

BTW,........once you've been there a couple of times, don't forget to maybe give her something nice in return.
      always goes down well.
      Had a chat to the mrs about that, was going to see if they'd be interested in any of the kills, I might throw in a nice red to go with it as a thank you.
      Any Suggestions?

Good work SuburbanMe

Hope you get a few.

Comment

It might pay to miss a couple as well

Comment

Hi...

When ever I visit a property to shoot targets....or my son visits one to hunt on we always leave a bottle of red.... always by hand, with a chat. If the people are a long way of the track we offer to take milk and papers. Always appreciated.

Paul

Comment

OK, so I went to the property to check it out today around 2-3pm. Looks good, so I decided to head back around 6:30 to see what I can find.

Lots around, but could only shoot in one direction due to cows and horses on each side of the property, and I didn't want to even take the chance, so I got this one, Wasn't sure if i got it properly on the first shot even though it was in the face, so I put 2 more to be sure in its head. Got another one in the foot, and when I went for the follow up, it disappeared!

After that, i reckon they knew what was up, and I couldn't get any more.

Here's the proof!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3061.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	51380

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice work.

Very small kill zone on a bunny for an AR..which highlights our exceptional marksman skills

So I went out for a bit of a shoot this arvo, was quite fortunate i guess, it was raining up until about 5:30 and by 6pm the sky was clear and it was dry enough to head out, so I did. Problem is that the grass at the property I go to is now too long for the bunnies and they're heading to the next door neighbours house to feed on the short grass - I guess they prefer it so they can see any potential threat coming. Anyway, I decided to head over to the neighbours. I did, 2 nice girls, lots of horses and ponies, long story short, I now have another property to shoot on, and I got myself another bunny tonight.

Now the gross part - when my mrs was gutting it - she pulled out a under developed baby bunny. kinda gross but i guess it's common - after all they breed like ummm... Rabbits. :P

Comment

• several
            several commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats mate.
        Working...
        X