Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossman 1077 Air Rifle Magazines

Hi.....

This was sent out by SARPA ( South Australian Revolver and Pistol Association ) in a mail out to member Clubs.

FIREARMS (MISCELLANEOUS) AMENDMENT BILL

There is a new clause prohibiting a person from acquiring, owning or possessing a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds without written approval of the registrar. It also includes a six-month transitional provision during which time owners can hand them in. In debate in the other place, the minister did concede that this clause required further attention with regard to its practical implementation.

No mention of class of Firearm. In SA all air rifles are in the same class as .22 rifles

Now this appears not to be a rumour and I would love to know what this means to a Crossman 1077 air rifle. These air rifles have a 12 shot magazine

Can anyone on here offer direction or do I contact the Police?

Paul

And the HW100s are 14 shot mags. That would really piss a few people off.
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Could also piss off a lot of FX owners as many of these rifles have 12 shot mags

Sigh, My 1077 paperwork got submitted a week ago. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

My PTA went in 10 days ago for my FX royale .25,it has a 11 shot mag and i bought a spare,my PTA arrived approved yesterday and i picked up my gun from the gun shop and then went to Mr plod and registered it.My PTA for my crossman 1077 was posted last Thursday so i am expecting it early next week--so far so good.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Grant" post=38680
        My PTA went in 10 days ago for my FX royale .25,it has a 11 shot mag and i bought a spare,my PTA arrived approved yesterday and i picked up my gun from the gun shop and then went to Mr plod and registered it.My PTA for my crossman 1077 was posted last Thursday so i am expecting it early next week--so far so good.
        I'm more worried that they will approve my PTA and then hassle me for owning an illegal item that they just approved me for.

Thanks for keeping us updated Paul.

Not more BS !!

Originally posted by paul" post=38605
      Hi.....

This was sent out by SARPA ( South Australian Revolver and Pistol Association ) in a mail out to member Clubs.

FIREARMS (MISCELLANEOUS) AMENDMENT BILL

There is a new clause prohibiting a person from acquiring, owning or possessing a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds without written approval of the registrar. It also includes a six-month transitional provision during which time owners can hand them in. In debate in the other place, the minister did concede that this clause required further attention with regard to its practical implementation.

No mention of class of Firearm. In SA all air rifles are in the same class as .22 rifles

Now this appears not to be a rumour and I would love to know what this means to a Crossman 1077 air rifle. These air rifles have a 12 shot magazine

Can anyone on here offer direction or do I contact the Police?

Paul

Comment

Hi All,

I sent the following at 9:15 today:

Hi...

I have heard that any firearm with a magazine in excess of 10 shots is now illegal, unless the registrar gives permission. How do I seek permission to keep my Crossman 1077 air rifle? It has a 12 shot magazine. I do not want to break the law.

If permission is not granted can you please tell me how I can get compensation?

Paul

The first rely was :

Thank you for making an inquiry via the Firearms Branch Email Contact Centre. This message confirms that your email has been received. I advise that your query will be dealt with promptly and further contact made if required.

If you require an urgent response please phone Firearms Branch on 73223346.

Emails received to this mailbox are checked on a daily basis during business hours Monday to Friday.

Operations Manager
        FIREARMS BRANCH

I will post anymore replies. I do hope that this is wrong as its really silly. SARPa are not all that brilliant...has anyone heard anything from SSAA ( btw I just joined SSAA even though I do not shoot at a SSAA range)

Paul

Comment

Dam where are those magazines,i had the yesterday

Comment

More ridiculous laws that will only inconvenience the law-abiding and make absolutely NO difference to any criminals - Sub-12FPE Air-Rifles like the Crosman 1077 should`nt even be classified as `firearms`in the first place.

Obviously someone must have identified harmless backyard plinking as a serious threat to humanity - Looks like we`ll all just have to file for complete refunds on our glorified-pea-shooters and go out and equip ourselves with pump-action centre-fire rifles instead
            "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

The proposed legislation was passed with the exception of the amendments to magazine capacities. Going to pick up my 1077 tomorrow!

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/australian-gun-laws/1537-sa-police-news?start=120#37621

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Belt Fed Goodness" post=40143
                The proposed legislation was passed with the exception of the amendments to magazine capacities. Going to pick up my 1077 tomorrow!

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/australian-gun-laws/1537-sa-police-news?start=120#37621
                That's good news for you guys over in SA then. Here in NSW we have a 10-round detatchable magazine limit for centrefires and a 15-round for rimfires (and no limit for ARs that I am aware of), however the emphasis is on detatchable; my .22 lever holds 15x lr rounds in it's tube mag and 22x shorts however is completely legal as the magazine is seen as not readily detachable. i suspect that had this restriction actually gone through in SA then they would have looked at the rotary AR mag as perhaps not falling into the class of a DBM?

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi

Thats great! The sad thing is that I am STILL awaiting a reply from SAPOL. You think that they would answer the emails that people send.

I can understand why people just think SAPOL are only interested in booking people.

I can be shooting in peace.

Paul

Cheers mate, that's good news.

Comment

Hi...

After a nice wait the reply came from SAPOL today. I have removed the officers name....

Paul

Thank you for the enquiry which has been forwarded to me for a response.

The current laws do not restrict magazine sizes.
                I know of no current plan to change this situation.
                The issue was discussed in parliament but the decision was not to introduce such a change.
                Several circulating rumours relating to magazine sizes were not accurate.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Well there you go...from the mouth of the horse....

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X