Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoeger X10 spring replacement

Hello All

I have had the unfortunate happenings of a snapped spring in my Stoeger X10. Besides the LGS i got it from where or who can you get either a direct replacement or slightly stronger/weaker spring. After alot of use I feel that the use of a lighter spring would be better for the purpose I have. I have had great fun with my back yard pest control program but without a working Air Rifle sparrows and Black Birds are running over the natives again. Also thinking on another note of maybe swapping out the noisy springer rifle for a QB78 depending on volume difference.

Any help would be awesome.
    Thanks

Where are you based mate ?

Originally posted by southaussiedan" post=36493
    Hello All

I have had the unfortunate happenings of a snapped spring in my Stoeger X10. Besides the LGS i got it from where or who can you get either a direct replacement or slightly stronger/weaker spring. After alot of use I feel that the use of a lighter spring would be better for the purpose I have. I have had great fun with my back yard pest control program but without a working Air Rifle sparrows and Black Birds are running over the natives again. Also thinking on another note of maybe swapping out the noisy springer rifle for a QB78 depending on volume difference.

Any help would be awesome.
    Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by mattw975" post=36507
      Where are you based mate ?
      I'm guessing SA.

Originally posted by southaussiedan" post=36493
    Hello All

Besides the LGS i got it from where or who can you get either a direct replacement or slightly stronger/weaker spring.

After a lot of use I feel that the use of a lighter spring would be better for the purpose I have.
    First point - forget the LGS - most of them don't know where to start on Air rifles.
    I was about to post a link to the Chambers website, but a quick search doesn't list Stoeger on their site.
    Stoegers are imported by Beretta - a quick note to them regarding spares might turn up an answer.

Failing that
    The next thing you'll have to do is measure the spring so a replacement can be found.
    Matt may be able to source you something - send him a PM.
    Get a kit off him while you're at it.

Add some pics to the thread along the way and we'll try to help.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for replies. PM will be sent soon.

Yes I'm SA

Some pics show what fell out of the air rifle this afternoon (no spring compressor required)
      Attached Files
Working...
X