Matts depinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matts depinger

Hi all i would like to say a big thankyou to matt for making me a depinger for my mrod.
    the before and after in the sound is a huge difference that annoying sound has now gone.
    It was a very easy install also and fits like a glove to the exact measuremnet.

I will high recommened matt for his work and attention to detail.

Thx adam

Thanks Adam,

I'm glad it works well & the ping has gonski

Matt W

Originally posted by adaml" post=35093
    Hi all i would like to say a big thankyou to matt for making me a depinger for my mrod.
    the before and after in the sound is a huge difference that annoying sound has now gone.
    It was a very easy install also and fits like a glove to the exact measuremnet.

I will high recommened matt for his work and attention to detail.

Thx adam

Comment

The whole depinger thing goes straight over my head. I don't get what they are meant to do other than stop a pinging sound - which I might add, I'm not sure I hear.
      I don't even know what my Mrod is tuned to, still awaiting a reply for clarification.

So what (apart from stopping a ping), do they do? what's the benefit? what's the cost? easy to put in? Worth it?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by SuburbanMe" post=35304
        The whole depinger thing goes straight over my head. I don't get what they are meant to do other than stop a pinging sound - which I might add, I'm not sure I hear.
        If you don't hear it - your gun doesn't require one - there's no mistaking it.

You can hear a bit of ping in this clip.
        Pyramid Air Rainstorm test

What you can't hear is how it resonates like a bell ringing.

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        The only thing louder than the pellet hitting the target with my Blizz is the pinging you hear in the air reservoir after the shot. It's very similar to the sound you hear in a car tyre when you fill it. Sorta like that ringing sound. Only slightly louder and in shot burst associated with the shot. That's the best sound association I can come up with.

Its a sound wave created within the reservoir when that quantum of air is released. The ping is cause by the sound wave resonating within the metal canister. A depinger is just a device that interrupts the wave form and stops the ping.

I have one coming down from Matt this week as well.

If you don't realise what the ping is, then it's not annoying. But, once it's pointed out to you, it progressively increases in its annoyance.

Cost wise, it about that of Fish & Chips for a hungry family with 3 growing teenagers. Matt as you would be aware, already has the design for the MRod reservoir.

By tuned to, do you mean pellet velocity and power?

This thread needs Pix : )

Matt, have you sent Geoff his yet - that Blizzard will be really nice once it's fitted.

Comment

Working...
      X