Gecado model 23 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gecado model 23 question

Does anybody know anything about this model? Its old is all I know, oh and it kills rabbits and starlings at 10-15meters. Tossing up whether to upgrade or not. Any idea what I should ask for if I trade it in?

I believe gecardo is a rebadged Diana due to the German "history" they were rebadged for the USA, UK and AU markets I have one that is almost identical to a mod 21 Diana

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by CrabbyCrab" post=31888
      I believe gecardo is a rebadged Diana due to the German "history" they were rebadged for the USA, UK and AU markets I have one that is almost identical to a mod 21 Diana
      I was under the belief that Gecado was the German manufacturer. (& the original)
      After the war, the Poms took over the equipment, shipped it back to the UK & continued making them under the Diana label.
      Essentially the same gun, made on the same equipment but lacking a little in quality.

My 1st gun was a Gecado mod 22.

Mick.

Originally posted by sigman" post=31851
    Does anybody know anything about this model? Its old is all I know, oh and it kills rabbits and starlings at 10-15meters. Tossing up whether to upgrade or not. Any idea what I should ask for if I trade it in?
    Hey sigman,

I have a Gecado model 23 ( action only ) brand spanking new since may-be 20 - 30 years ago and have been looking for a stock, trigger guard and stock fixing screws forever, I'll buy it from you for sure if the stock is OK for a refurb and not split.

Andrew
    ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, WHO'S BRINGING THE CHIPS?

Comment

• Andrew T
      Andrew T commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh your question re it's power! only small pest birds etc and fun plinking, no way for bunnies.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      [quote="Andrew T" post=32351]
      Originally posted by sigman" post=31851
      I have a Gecado model 23 ( action only ) brand spanking new since may-be 20 - 30 years ago and have been looking for a stock, trigger guard and stock fixing screws forever, I'll buy it from you for sure if the stock is OK for a refurb and not split.

Andrew
      Why not use a Mod 22??

Still fairly easy to find, and stocks guards and screws are the same between the two I believe. I think the only diffs between the 22 and 23 are the sights.
      There was a decent Mod 22 a The Shooters Shop last time I looked.

Seems your right mick, goggle tells me it was german pre diana. Since its already been around longer than me and still knocks over starlings bunnies (yes it does knock them at 15m ) I think ill hold onto it. And andrew its a very basic stock if you need pics or measurements of what you need id be happy to share.

Comment

Working...
    X