Mrod problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrod problem

So I went to degas my mrod with the tool it made a little bang noise and now it will not cock or anything so I'm stuck on what I should do any help would be great thx

So I'm having a better look sounds like something is lose in the trigger and when I pull the bolt back nothing is engaging for the hammer?
    Is it also fairly safe if I pull the gun apart carefully to not knock the valve or any thing and have a closer look

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Take photos as you do it, if it was working okay before something may have come loose. Have you pumped a bit more air into it, I'm thinking they wont work properly unless there is some charge in it.

Sounds like you might have broken the trigger mechanism to me - Which is`nt really surprising really since they seem to be made of some sort of powdered cheese

I bust mine once when I tried fitting one of those dubious HDD devices

The good news is that if you have busted it Oleg does sell a very nice stainless steel replacement which is much better quality altogether
    "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Druid 66" post=30926
      Sounds like you might have broken the trigger mechanism to me
      I bust mine once
      Man you guys must be hard on the gear :lol:

Mick.

Well i tried first with the gun not cocked then cocked no matter which way the tool would not work at all. Then it made a very small pop noise and yeh i can cock the bolt back just will not engage at all.
    i still have olegs spring in it i have a 10lb and a stock spring also at home.

hopefully it just is something simple to fix.
    yeh sometimes stuff brakes i didnt intend to do it.i was going to dry fire it to empty but parents wer home so tried to keep the noise down. I learnt my lesson do stuff the same way as i have done before.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by adaml" post=30937
      Well i tried first with the gun not cocked then cocked no matter which way the tool would not work at all. Then it made a very small pop noise and yeh i can cock the bolt back just will not engage at all..
      Sounds to me like the tool was fouling on the spring - see thought # 2 above.

Mick.

Mmmm cheap parts brake over all th3 gun has been gr3at

Comment

Okay i checked the spring and it still does not work even tried with a 6lb spring but no luck.

im sure it is something to do with the trigger mechanism now.
      so i will contact oleg tomorrow see if he can sort it out for me im sure he would be able to fix it.

so i was putting it back together with the orig spring and then this came out from under the bolt area.
      Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by adaml" post=31262
        so i was putting it back together with the orig spring and then this came out from under the bolt area.
        That is the bush/spacer that goes on the cap screw you took out of the bolt to get it out.
        It gives it something solid to lock up against as well as setting the depth so it picks up the hammer upon cocking.

See part # 24

Click image for larger version

Name:	MarauderPartsDiagram.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	44209

Mick.

Just have a look in there Adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUF8-vNjdww

Comment

Thx druid and mick for your help as normal.

I will check that out next druid.
        Mick next question is how do i get it back in?
        And number 40 is that meant to have play back and forth. I guess this is the begining of me learning how to strip and repair it only problem is it is still fully charged as seen so worrys me a little as this is a pipe bomb.

Comment

I'm not an Air Rifle person...but I know one thing...I don't fluff around with a firearm unless I know exactly what I am doing. Not worth the drama. I appreciate you would like to do it by yourself but don't risk you or anyone else in the process. Keep safe.
          I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

It sounds to me as though the problem you have is in the rear of the action - (BTW my money is still on a broken trigger-blade-sear) - in which case the pressurised cylinder is not related to this type of issue - but if you want to quietly de-gas it anyway to take away the stress just dry fire it into a pillow until it`s empty - Once you`ve put the bolt-bush back in you should be able to do that by pulling back the hammer on the bolt and releasing it by hand - that will flick the hammer forward and strike the exhaust valve just the same.

Samber makes a good point though - Especially as you`ve told us you`ve just put the firing mechanism back together and forgot to fit something as basic as the bolt-bush

Comment

I shall do safety is always first if it is out of my hands i will let some one look at it.

the main problem is with pcps tgere is not really people the do work on them. I know of oleg and mick also.

and a spring change is standard in these gun also so is tuning them

Comment

Druid it came out. I have taken the bolt out before and never had that issue of it coming out before thats why i thought i would ask.

the bolt does not catch at all. So i cant cock it to dry fire

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by adaml" post=31347
                  the bolt does not catch at all. So i cant cock it to dry fire
                  That's because you left the bush off the Bolt screw, it is not picking up the hammer.

BTW Item # 40 IS the Hammer.

Originally posted by adaml" post=31287
                  And number 40 is that meant to have play back and forth. .
                  Don't take this the wrong way but if you couldn't work that out I suggest you take it to someone who knows what they are doing before you REALLY stuff something up.

Mick.

Druid was on the money i did broke the sear

Comment

It's all good Mick will be getting Matt to fix it up for me.Not taken the wrong way once I had a better look at that diagram I was fine the material they use is very cheap and nasty. I bet you are a pro now pulling your one apart after how many times?
                  It's okay mate you don't need to act like your screaming. I know WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!!
                  Also who would you suggest in Sydney that is capable/ proper business of fixing a pcp beside Oleg? And also stocks crossman parts?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As far as I know there is no one but us with the access to Crosman parts.

Give us a call and I'll try to resolve your grief.

Well done Adam - "I like your style" You`re obviously not afraid to adventure out of your comfort-zone and have just had what some of us intrepid souls would merely refer to as a-small-set-back

I`m just guessing here but this is what I think happened - The striker MUST have been cocked when you wound in on the de-gassing tool - Somehow the DG-tool caught on the striker as you screwed it in and you `forced it` past the sear - thus breaking it The `little-bang-noise` you heard was either the sear snapping or more likely the hammer springing forward, striking the exhaust valve and dry-firing the rifle - so nothing to worry about there either

So where does that leave you now? ....Well IMHO "Much Better Off"

Firstly as-you-can-see from the video the trigger unit is a relatively simple unit to work on - Once you`ve got a nice new stainless-steel replacement trigger-blade-sear from Oleg you can simply replace it like-for-like

Secondly you`ve now learnt (the hard way) that you still need to be Extra-Super-Careful with reassembly procedures (like your hammer-spring swaps) EVEN when you`ve already done them several times before.

I say again "I`m not Sherlock Holmes" but my guess is when you broke the sear you probably panicked a little and that compromised your concentration - Enough so that you did`nt even notice that YOU dropped that bush into the rear of the action when you reassembled the slider and bolt mechanisms

Not a worry though - my advice to you now is to just sleep on it until you get your new sear - and THEN once it arrives see how you feel about having another swing at it yourself - By then you`ll know for sure whether you`re up for it or not as you would have had enough time to process all the relevant information

If however by that time you still don`t feel confident with making a relatively-simple trigger-repair and an already-familiar hammer-reassembly procedure then THAT is the time to press-the-red-button and call in the cavalry

Good luck,

Druid 66

Comment

Working...
                  X