Theoben SLR GasRam pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoben SLR GasRam pressure

Gentlemen, does anyone have an idea what is the maximum recommended pressure, for the Theoben SLR gasram system?
    I've been looking on the 'net' but not having much luck.
    I'm currently 'running' average 630fps with 16gn .22 pellets, with exceptional grouping ability, but I like to play around, just to see if I can go faster, and still stay accurate, but definitely, don't want to blow out the seals.
    Any info, would be appreciated.
    The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Lewis Rheinhold used to sell these, does anyone have his contact details ?

He'd know the answer, failing that ask Ben Taylor at Milbro, as he invented the Theoben Gas Rams.

Originally posted by retired" post=28991
    Gentlemen, does anyone have an idea what is the maximum recommended pressure, for the Theoben SLR gasram system?
    I've been looking on the 'net' but not having much luck.
    I'm currently 'running' average 630fps with 16gn .22 pellets, with exceptional grouping ability, but I like to play around, just to see if I can go faster, and still stay accurate, but definitely, don't want to blow out the seals.
    Any info, would be appreciated.

Comment

I used to pump my HW90 up to 20BAR and that was about right - The HW90 has a Theoben Gas Ram - I seem to remember that it ran a max pressure of 26BAR but that produced far too much power for my liking.
      "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

• mattw975
        mattw975 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a link to the SLR98 manual

http://www.diamanco.gr/Upload/OWNERS_MANUAL_SLR_ENGLISH.pdf

It says the 12 fpe versions can be rebuilt to 16 fpe

From memory, when I bought my Theoben Sirocco back in the 90's, the manual stated then that FAC models were good for 20-22 fpe.

I'd say if its old, keep below 20 fpe to ensure the seals don't go. Small pump increments & a Chrony are the way to go.

Matt W

Thanks guys, my pump and other bits and pieces should be here anytime now, so I will give it a go.
      Proceed with caution, will be the order of the day.
      The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Comment

Oh yes and BTW - if you let the ram-pressure drop below 10BAR it won`t work at all
        "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

• retired
          retired commented
          Editing a comment
          That would not do.
      Working...
      X