Daisy powerline 901 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy powerline 901 problem

Hi all, just wondering if any of you would have an idea what would be wrong with my Daisy powerline 901.

It pumps up fine, and the trigger seems to work fine, but it does not release the air when the trigger is pulled.

I don't know a lot about multi pump pneumatics, so I haven't pulled it apart yet.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Cheers.

Sounds like something isn't working between the trigger & the valve hammer ?

Originally posted by Hitman" post=28809
    Hi all, just wondering if any of you would have an idea what would be wrong with my Daisy powerline 901.

It pumps up fine, and the trigger seems to work fine, but it does not release the air when the trigger is pulled.

I don't know a lot about multi pump pneumatics, so I haven't pulled it apart yet.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Cheers.

Comment

• Hitman
      Hitman commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by mattw975" post=28913
      Sounds like something isn't working between the trigger & the valve hammer ?
      [/quote]

Yeh that's what it seems like hey. It's looking like I'll have to pull it apart and have a look. Being a cheap toy like thing, I was hoping to not have to pull it apart because I'm not sure how serviceable it would be.

Cheers for the help Matt.

When you cock it can you feel or hear a click? because that sets an internal hammer which is under tension via a spring when fired is released and hits the end of a valve to release the air into the barrel.

If not then I'd say it's something to do with it not cocking and possibly that some parts being plastic may-be something has broken, anything loose rattling inside it?
    ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, WHO'S BRINGING THE CHIPS?

Comment

It's got nothing to do with the safety being on does it?

Comment

• Hitman
        Hitman commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by SuburbanMe" post=29119
        It's got nothing to do with the safety being on does it?
        Nah ive checked the safety. When cocking it, it feels the same as it always has, but ive noticed that when pushing the cocking lever foward, it doesnt let out the little gush of air that it used to.

It does have a small rattle inside it, but i think that may be the safety rattling. Might have to investigate some more.

Thanks for the help guys.

My dealer took a look at it today and sorted it out, a circlip had just fallen off the trigger assembly. Works a treat again now. Also picked up another air rifle while I was there to. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        Also picked up another air rifle
        There is always a bed in Melbourne for you when 'she who must be obeyed' finds out.

That's if she doesn't already know about it. Is it one that needs another bit made up by Airgun Wizard?

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Hitman" post=30953
        Also picked up another air rifle while I was there to. .
        Well....dont leave us hanging....what was it? What calibre....you know the drill....and any photos?

Nah don't get too excited guys, it's nothing worth getting excited over. It's just a webley cub .177. Just a cheapo to play around with. I liked the look of the stocks, and only cost me $130 with scope and delivery brand new! Haha.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Hitman" post=31121
        . It's just a webley cub .177. Just a cheapo to play around with. I liked the look of the stocks, and only cost me $130 with scope and delivery brand new! Haha.
        This one has been of interest to me too. Would be keen to hear your thoughts on it Hitman.

The price is certainly attractive even if it is Turkish or Chinese, and could be a nice little platform for tune.
    Working...
    X