Hatsan AT44W-10 walnut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatsan AT44W-10 walnut.

Any feedback on the Hatsan A 44W -10 considering for mainly target competition work in .177 cal would appreciate some feedback mainly on accuracy , trigger and any possible flaws with this model do understand about a third of the price of HW100.

John T

Hi Ghosty.

Another new rifle already? :P

I understand that the Quattro trigger is a good performer but not as good as the HW Rekord triggers. I think you'll find that with most PCPs the limitation is actually the rifleman and not the rifles themselves; as with any rifle. The new imports will have quite a "crack" in the report as there is no noise moderation of any kind. I have seen one at Marma Lakes Firearms that came back for repairs; bolt handle had sheared off. I suspect rough handling more than day to day usage. The wood was nice on the repair unit. It is slightly lighter than your HW97K and on par with the HW95. Like me, you'll be used to the HW97K so the weight won't be an issue. The Truglo sights I think are a bonus. Nearly all the others have to be scoped before use.

Geoff
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Hi Ghosty.

Another new rifle already? :P

I understand that the Quattro trigger is a good performer but not as good as the HW Rekord triggers. I think you'll find that with most PCPs the limitation is actually the rifleman and not the rifles themselves; as with any rifle. The new imports will have quite a "crack" in the report as there is no noise moderation of any kind. I have seen one at Marma Lakes Firearms that came back for repairs; bolt handle had sheared off. I suspect rough handling more than day to day usage. The wood was nice on the repair unit. It is slightly lighter than your HW97K and on par with the HW95. Like me, you'll be used to the HW97K so the weight won't be an issue. The Truglo sights I think are a bonus. Nearly all the others have to be scoped before use.

Geoff
      Don't get mad. Don't get even. Just get better.

Yes Geoff thinking on a pcp to add to the collection - sincere thanks for your comments much appreciated just kicking a few tyres at the moment , wont be do anything till the other side of xmas and yes the HW97k is a beaut and doing just fine.

Cheers

John T

Comment

Originally posted by ghostryder33" post=27920
        Any feedback on the Hatsan A 44W -10 considering for mainly target competition work in .177 cal would appreciate some feedback

John T
        A mate of mine has one which he says he can't get it to group.
        I believe he was only using rubbish pellets
        I've not had a look at it, but you've just reminded me to follow him up.
        By the sound of it, it's running at full steam and needs a heavy pellet or backing off a bit.
        Will try to post a report if he brings it around.

Comment

• grmkc
          grmkc commented
          Editing a comment
          By the sound of it, it's running at full steam and needs a heavy pellet or backing off a bit.
          Specifications reckons 1070fps with 'lead' and pushing 22 fpe. Shot per fill = 80. Useable at 30-40 according to Hatsan USA.

Sounds like the usual story does`nt it - I say if it`s a .177 back it down to between 700 and 800 Fps - feed it quality pellets and it`ll group like a good`un - pretty much the same as any other PCP out there

On the subject of Hatsan - from what I`ve seen they ain`t half bad at all - Infact `for the money` their guns rank among the best available in Australia
        "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Working...
        X