Diana 350 Magnum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana 350 Magnum?

I have been looking into getting a new AR for primarily hunting and ATM I cannot afford a PCP (the gun plus extras is needed is to much for me ATM)...
    Normal prey would be bunnies and cats and the very rare fox...

So I have been looking at the big end of the springer scale for a .22 that has some dropping power and is around $500-$600...

The Diana 350 Magnum seems to fit the bill and I have done a bit of research on the net about and the reviews etc seem good... High power, decent accuracy, not overly loud...

Has anyone here got one or had much to do with them? I would love some personal feedback on them as they almost seem hyped on the net...

Or what else is there in that price/power range that would be better?

Thanks All

This AR has some serious power for a springer mate, the best thing you can do with these is de-tune them slightly to make them pleasant & accurate to shoot.

Originally posted by Luke H" post=22371
    I have been looking into getting a new AR for primarily hunting and ATM I cannot afford a PCP (the gun plus extras is needed is to much for me ATM)...
    Normal prey would be bunnies and cats and the very rare fox...

So I have been looking at the big end of the springer scale for a .22 that has some dropping power and is around $500-$600...

The Diana 350 Magnum seems to fit the bill and I have done a bit of research on the net about and the reviews etc seem good... High power, decent accuracy, not overly loud...

Has anyone here got one or had much to do with them? I would love some personal feedback on them as they almost seem hyped on the net...

Or what else is there in that price/power range that would be better?

Thanks All

Comment

• grmkc
      grmkc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thought you were after an underlever. The HW80 could also do the job for you if a break barrel is acceptable. Correct me if I'm wrong Matt.

Hi...

I have noticed that the 97 and 97k ( Black line) are just $695 here at Adelaide Gun Shop. If you live in Adelaide thats over budget ( unless you smile at Pommy or tell Nicole how lovely she is...then you MIGHT get it cheaper). Things are dearer here in SA as a rule.

I would imagine savings in excess of $100 or so could be found on the Eastern Seaboard as freight is cheaper and profit margins seem a little lower. heck, you might even get a Walther.

Enjoy what ever it is that you do get....but get it in .22 cal

Paul

Comment

I do not know anything about these rifles but if it is at all like a new untuned HW97 to shoot it will definitely require a certain technique when firing. I was given the opportunity to put a few pellets through a new 97 a couple of weeks ago and to be honest the first shot scared the crap out of me and I struggled to put a pellet anywhere near the aiming point and trigger release point ( shooting offhand ) at 10metres, the " precoil/recoil " was hard to control. A HW97 is still on my wishlist as I think they are a good looking bit of kit but it has been moved down the list. I reckon you should save the pennies for a bit longer, let the rabbits breed up so there is more to shoot, try to extend the budget to a PCP either a Marauder, Evanix, Webley etc.
      Just my 2 bobs worth

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Strikey" post=22606
        I do not know anything about these rifles but if it is at all like a new untuned HW97 to shoot it will definitely require a certain technique when firing. I was given the opportunity to put a few pellets through a new 97 a couple of weeks ago and to be honest the first shot scared the crap out of me and I struggled to put a pellet anywhere near the aiming point and trigger release point ( shooting offhand ) at 10metres, the " precoil/recoil " was hard to control. A HW97 is still on my wishlist as I think they are a good looking bit of kit but it has been moved down the list.
        Put it back up the list and add a decent spring guide.
        They become a different gun for the sake of a tight fitting guide.

I'd hazard a guess the Diana would be even more of a handful if it's putting out 25fpe.
        I've not shot one so it's only conjecture.

I had a certain blue laminate 97 well placed on my list until a certain forum member beat me to it, taxman was too slow so I spent the funds on another PCP, but there will be a springer in the safe one day

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        And let me tell you, I'm loving shooting Baby Blue. Mind you, she's only a 0.177 and has had a major overhaul with a Tony Wall kit. She's sweet to shoot and accurate. Head shot a feral piheon at 50m. All my other tuned HWs are just as sweet. They both have the Airgun wizard tune kits.

Which pcp did you end up with Strikey?

Hi Luke
      Look I have fired one at Belmont range, I own a BSA Supersport XL .22 and I was shooting there one day last year.
      This Guy starts talking to me about springers and I said I like them, anyway goes and gets his Diana 350 Magnum .22 from the car, gave it to me to try and he said shoot it much has you want.
      Mate it was a easy 15% to 20% more powerfully than the BSA, it was hitting 50 mts easy without to much drop .
      He said to me he's killed cats and many rabbits with it.
      If you want a good powerfull springer , Go and get one
      Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
      Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
      Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
      Ruger American .22wmr
      BSA SuperSport XL .22
      Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
      Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

Well I am happy you are happy with MY baby blue :P :P there is a FX Royale 400 .177 coming my way some time soon, was hoping it would be here before the FT Titles Sorry might be getting off topic here, GRMKC

Comment

• grmkc
          grmkc commented
          Editing a comment
          I have shot ahtheweekendsere's Royale. You won't regret that decision.
      Working...
      X