Crosman 1077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosman 1077

Hi guys and girls, I thought id start a dedicated 1077 thread as no one has done one yet. The Crosman 1077 is a C02 air rifle that has a 12 shot rotary magazine. It has a revolver type action making the gun semi auto. These guns a legal on category A firearms license and available though us Hi Power airguns for $210. They are great fun to shoot, and chew up plenty of pellets !
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Crosman-1077-CO2_CR1077_rifle_lg_2013-10-20.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	33157
    These guns are light weight and small in size suitable for kids, but plenty of adults are using them ! I think Matt on this forum has manufactured an adapter for the front of these air rifles that will take an 88 gram cartridge. The standard 12 gram C02 cartridge yields about 40 shots, and 88 gram should give over 300. They shoot up to 650 fps and are only available in .177. spare rotary clips are and pelgun oil for lubing of the C02 cartridges are available on request along with Crosman red dot sights .

I have one and they are definately a blast!!! I would be interested in the 88 gram adapter!

Comment

Hi...

This is my bulk fill 1077. It shoots really well but does suffer from a loss of power. I sent an e-mail to Matt W who is a bit of a 1077 wizz ( just look on the net). He has advised me of a fix that he has developed and I have asked for a price. I really need to do something.

I may have board you all already by saying that I get well in excess of 500 shots per 9oz tanks ( about 250gms). I know this figure is low as I have never run out of gas when shooting at a scout night....and I always stop when I run out of pellets; the Club was giving one tin per time.

As I said I have a power issue but not an accuracy issue and always can blow the black middle out of a 10m air rifle target. Since the trigger on this rifle is a bitch ( I could come up with more adjectives but would end up struck from this site) aim and gently pull the trigger is not really an option. I just get people to pop the magazine off in one go...and they love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1077_2013-10-20.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	33282

Looking forward to more info from Matt....will tell you what happens.

Paul

Hi All....just heard from Matt and he does not make a 88gm adapter... Paul

Comment

Think mine needs a new seal kit and a 88gram adaptor also the front bracket that holds the stock to the barrel it's taped on at the minute .

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi....

Drop a line to Matt. I am sure that he can do something for you.

Paul

Hi cruiser, where is it leaking? if its the main seal that contacts the C02 , we have replacement seals. What did you do to the front bracket? lol

Comment

Not too sure where it leaks . When we first use it it doesn't have a lot of pressure and it leaks a little then we pull the trigger about 20 or 30 times and it starts to comes good . I replaced the front screw with a sling stud but it wasn't short enough and pushed against the bottom chamber as I screwed it in . The pressure broke the bracket . It's had a hard life :lol: . Are there many seals in them

Comment

There is a main seal that is a round doughnut shape thing, quite thick, the other seals are orings I think. You may have a faulty valve if its requiring a few shots to get going.

Cheers
            Jeff

Comment

Be nice if it was as simple as sending it back to you with $210 and you send me a new one
              Are the seals and valve very expensive also can you supply them along with the front bracket .
              Thanks mate Clint

Comment

No need to send it back Cruiser, just send me the $210 and ill give you a new one ! lol

Comment

I'd have to get a new PTA and is $210 posted I honestly can't afford it atm I'm in the dog house too :lol:
                  Is there much availability on parts and are they hard to fix .

Comment

parts are hard to come by unfortunately, but they are cheap enough that to buy a new vale or something that may cost $50 to $100 then have someone fit it, youd just by a new one? Not sure, we hope to get access to spar parts soon.

cheers
                    jeff

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yesss

i love theses guns
                      i bought one off you a while ago and had had so much fun with it and shot well over 50 pidgins with it so far

How fast can you tune these things up to? How would they go as a rabbit taker? What is their effective range?
                    Would it be reasonable to expect rabbit killing power/accuracy out to 30m?
                    Cheers
                    Andrew

Comment

I shot a deer with mine at 75 yards :lol: :lol: :lol:
                      as if :lol:
                      probably only good for plinking or rats and birds 10 to 20 yards .I couldnt point one of these at a rabbit even at ten yards
                      but I know very little about slug guns . I would be thinking in a sluggy for rabbits something around at least 1200 fps more likely a 22cal

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My 800fps air rifle will take rabbits under 40 or so metres humanley.

Soooo..... Is that a resounding 'No!'?
                      Well... I might have to go back to the Mrod .25 or the Monster .22 drawing board then... lol

Comment

Picked mine up this arvo and every time I pop off a mag I get this big stupid grin on my face. Burned thru a tin of pellets in under an hour. I put a cheap NcStar red dot on it. Just point, squeeze, repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

Comment

Working...
                        X