Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got It!

Hey all,

Well today is the day!!! I now have my Mrod, and it's all set up and waiting to be zero'd in.

I got the Hills Pump, not sure what everyone goes on about in regards to it being hard/tiring or whatever else they wanna say, pumping is easy. It took a little while, but not once did I lose breath, not once did I break a sweat, and I took a few breaks just to make sure nothing was getting warm. I'm not exactly Mr fitness either, but when I picked it up, it had about 1200psi in it, so I pumped from 1200 all the way up to 3000psi - not an Issue at all.

Pretty happy with the stock, the butt seems a tad rough where the rubber and the wood meet - nothing bad - just a tad rough, oh didn't realize that Oleg was gonna get the bolt area written on either - would've certainly preferred not to have that done - I'm not one for that type of thing - I don't even like it saying Benjamin or Marauder on it.

So, so far the only things I can point out are the butt, and the Writing on the block. I also got the Hawke HD as advised by Oleg, and it's freaking BIG. In regards to the scope mounts, one has a pin in it that seems to go into the dovetail rail, is this correct? The pin goes in either of the two points at the front end of the Dovetail rail?

Illuminated riticle is cool, How is this used at night? I've heard these are good to shoot with at night - but i can't see an IR beam, nor a switch to turn it on, but the box says: Sport-HD IR. Anyone know anything about this - please help a brother out!

All in all, so far so good! Clayton FA's were great - much cheaper to do the transfer than other shops I called - especially my local.
    Oleg - once again was great!

Will fill yas in more when I shoot it!

Luke.

BTW - I got: 3x clips, 2 tins of pellets (barras and FTT's), the Mrod, Hawke Sport HD IR scope, Hills Hand pump.

Oh, just realised the IR on the scope box probably means illuminated Riticle. Duh.

Photos or it never happened :P

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MyMrod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	30792

Still waiting for my Bipod, I ended up going with the vipertek one just to be careful.

Good Onya anyway. What calibre did you get? .22? There was plenty of tuning advice on the old forum. Hopefully it can be salvaged and transferred over here for ya.

Also check out here; http://www.addicted2airguns.com/index.html

for some mrod modification action.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done SM, sure has been a long wait for you.

Agree with you re stirrup pumps, IMO fat bastards and those with heart conditions should be the only ones wary :P , 9though a looong shooting session could be a struggle for even us fit blokes. LOL)

How much did Claytons sting you for the transfer?
      I am now using Hank of Bullzi Projectiles to do all my long distance transfers, far cheaper than others on the Mornington Peninsula I have found.

Have fun with the new toy mate!

Wooop welcome to the mrod family. Im sure it will keep a smile on your face.

Comment

ok so here's the muzzle. The shroud end is rough (as you can see), and the air diffuser or whatever you'd call it doesn't seem to sit straight - but that could be the cut on the shroud.

Name:	IMG_3039.JPG
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	31005

Here's the close up of the writing on the block.

Name:	IMG_3041.JPG
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	31006

And here is the spacer between the buttpad and the cheek rest.

Name:	IMG_3045.JPG
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	31007

So as you guys can see, there are a couple of rough things, but the main thing is how it shoots, which I'm doing tonight as soon as the range opens, so if anyone is keen, I'll be down at the Springvale range tonight, probably have a dirty blue fishing hat on, so if you get a rush of blood, come say Hi.

Surprisingly, the Stock is flawless. Heard alot of people comment on the finish of the stock and how they have had a couple of scratches or dings in theirs - Mine is perfect! oh the Air chamber has a light scratch on it too, but it's a light scratch, I didn't even notice it until my Mrs pointed it out last night before bed.

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        If you had said last night I would have dropped everything. Prepping for a field trip tomorrow. Who knows, if I get it done quickly you might have someone tap you on the shoulder.

Might have to get a group of PCPiers together at Springy and show them that air riflemen can out shine the 22s at 50m. :P :P

Well if you do decide to come down, you can help me sight my scope!

I would've LOVED to have gone last night - but I had my course (Training and Assessment) and it would've had to have been my luck to get my gun on the day of my course because range opens at 5pm til 9pm, and my course starts at 6pm til 9:30pm in Dandy just off scott st. So even if I did go down, it would've been for maybe 20mins, so I probably would've been even more annoyed than I was.

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        I suppose it's going to be difficult reporting back on the noise level with the powder burners going off around you.

Easily able to report back on the sound level, I was in a booth!

Not too loud, a little bit louder than my old Pumpmaster but I wasn't really phased by it, didn't even think about it until my mrs said it was quieter than she thought it would be. It did quieten down after a few shots. I put 40pellets through and shot from 3000psi - 2000psi - Accuracy was shit house, but I did start bringing it in, I'll post pics. One thing I realized though, It's damn hard to sight the scope at night and at 50mtrs. (springy is 50mtrs right?)

Comment

• Druid 66
        Druid66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news that`s it`s nice, quiet and discreet - I`d suggest you sight it in at 36.6m (40yds) now as that`ll make the job a lot easier and make pellet selection a breeze

BTW What pellets are you using?

H&N FTT's and Barras.

How can I sight in at 30mtrs when the range is 50?

Comment

• mattw975
        mattw975 commented
        Editing a comment
        As an approximation use Chairgun Pro to calculate the drop at 50M with a 36M zero. Then adjust the scope so it shoots low by the appropriate amount.

Or find somewhere 36M long you can zero at ?

Originally posted by SuburbanMe" post=15725
        H&N FTT's and Barras.

• Druid 66
        Druid66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by SuburbanMe" post=15725
        H&N FTT's and Barras.

Good choice of ammo

Do what I do - Take your own targets along to the range and ask the RO if you can set them up at closer ranges

excuse me if I sound stupid or naive, but don't you just turn the turrets in the desired direction until you hit where you want to on the target?

Comment

• Druid 66
        Druid66 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can do if you want - Personally I much prefer using the KISS principles of MPBR myself

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.sightin.html Re 1a, for Air-rifles

I find a 40yd second-zero gives me a very user friendly 1.5" MPBR in a 20 to 55 yard `Window of Doom`
    Working...
    X