Daisy Targeteer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy Targeteer

Just got this boxed Daisy Targeteer from early 1940's they were made for indoor target shooting fun and the box opens out to hold the target spinners.
    It shoots tiny .118 bb's, they don't even penetrate the the heavy cardboard box but still shoots enough for a lot of fun plinking!

Click image for larger version

Name:	boxandgun.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	28958

Name:	target.JPG
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	28959

Name:	gun.JPG
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	28960

Name:	boxtop.JPG
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	28961
    ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, WHO'S BRINGING THE CHIPS?

Nice little tinplate pistol, and great to see such a good example complete with box and targets. Well done on the purchase.

Sucks to think a Cat H is required for this "toy" (or is it classed as a toy due to the small calibre??)

Comment

• Andrew T
      Andrew T commented
      Editing a comment
      Sucks to think a Cat H is required for this "toy" (or is it classed as a toy due to the small calibre??)[/quote]

Yes very sad but true license required! for this WEAPON!

Name:	guns-xmas-daisy-swscan08497.jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	28977

Name:	1940s_daisy_targeteer.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	28978

I Love it. Looks like some good indoor fun. Do you use it?

Comment

Very nice item.

I'd be tempted to write to the local Minister for Police asking for advice on where you should use it. Obviously, being Cat H, you'd never dream of using it anywhere but an officially approved pistol range, but most pistol ranges are 25 m and the BBs would struggle to reach as far as that.

Still, best not take chances, eh. Nanny knows best. After all it's shaped like a GUN, so it MUST be dangerous. Q.E.D.

Comment

• Druid 66
        Druid66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually that`d be a REALLY GOOD topic for an ultra-sarcastic letter to the powers that be - Really lay it on the line for how utterly ridiculous the current OTT laws are affecting low powered air rifles over here in this country

• Andrew T
        Andrew T commented
        Editing a comment
        [quote="Riz" post=15194]Very nice item.

I'd be tempted to write to the local Minister for Police asking for advice on where you should use it. Obviously, being Cat H, you'd never dream of using it anywhere but an officially approved pistol range, but most pistol ranges are 25 m and the BBs would struggle to reach as far as that.

As Riz says of course I don't use it, only on an approved range. :lol:

Sarcasm aside, this would be a very good way to make the point to a politician who is a non-shooter about how stupid the present laws are. To a non-shooter, talk of power levels and foot pounds of energy is never going to make much of an impression, but to confront the minister with the specific case of a "firearm" that can't even shoot through a sheet of cardboard might be a different matter. The argument would be:

(1) Clearly, this is not a firearm in any meaningful sense of the word.
      (2) The difference between this and a proper firearm comes down to muzzle energy.
      (3) Logically, then, a power level needs to be defined, below which a gun should not be classified as a firearm.

Surely even a politician would see the sense in that.

Of course, this is the 21st century, the age of feeling rather than thinking, so it's quite possible that someone might refuse to accept point (1) on the grounds that, "I don't care, I think we should ban it anyway" (an argument that I actually encountered at uni), in which case we would at least get confirmation of what we're up against.

Comment

• Andrew T
        Andrew T commented
        Editing a comment
        (1) Clearly, this is not a firearm in any meaningful sense of the word.
        (2) The difference between this and a proper firearm comes down to muzzle energy.
        (3) Logically, then, a power level needs to be defined, below which a gun should not be classified as a firearm.

[b]Funny thing is when customs stopped it I had to produce a permit equal to that of any hand gun be it a 357 Colt Python or this what was once regarded as a toy.
        Note instructions say accurate shooting at 10 - 12 feet!
        It does shoot right up the backyard though, oh! I mean the range.

Name:	017.JPG
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	31518

Well, Customs are only acting on the laws (albeit a tad over-enthusiastically sometimes). It's supposed to be the job of governments to ensure that the laws they pass are not completely barking mad.

I think it would be interesting to present the Minister for Police with the details of this specific little pistol: the BBs wouldn't break skin, it has no sharp edges, and it's not heavy enough to use as a cosh. The only way someone could get hurt is if they tried to eat it.

I think someone should challenge the minister to look them in the eye and say that it presents a threat to public safety. If he blushes, giggles, looks away, or bursts into tears then there might be hope after all. :lol:

Comment

Working...
      X