Fitting a recoil reducer in my HW80...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a recoil reducer in my HW80...

Hey guys,

As a bit of an experiment I've decided to fit a recoil reducer to my HW80 to see if there is any change in the firing cycle.
    The reducers are around $50-100 so it's not a very expensive experiment and they just fit in a correctly sized hole drilled in the butt so it's not a difficult job either. The reducers used to be filled with mercury, but I believe that's a no-no these days, so the newer style ones have springs and weights in them.

It's going to be an interesting little experiment and I actually think that it will do something - however slight that something may be! Time will tell, I'll keep you guys posted

GB,

Russ.

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

I reckon the best recoil reduction for an air rifle comes from a good tune.
    But id be interested what the results are in these devices.
    A13

Comment

• Druid 66
      Druid66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by allrounder_13" post=8701
      A13
      Spot on A13

• BadboyMelvin
      BadboyMelvin commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by allrounder_13" post=8701
      A13
      Already been tuned, twice. Once by V-Mach and then once by Vortek. Neither were particulary cheap outlays either btw...

I am also interested to hear how this goes in your '80. My recently acquired .22cal '80 has a vortek pg2 kit fitted and the recoil is still more significant than i would expect it to be. I'm only new to the world of HP springers and still adjusting from shooting my PCP. If some different pellets don't improve the groups the rifle is coming apart.

Sorry for the hi-jack at the end there.

Keep us in the loop.

Chewy.

Comment

• BadboyMelvin
      BadboyMelvin commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Chewdog" post=8798
      I am also interested to hear how this goes in your '80. My recently acquired .22cal '80 has a vortek pg2 kit fitted and the recoil is still more significant than i would expect it to be. I'm only new to the world of HP springers and still adjusting from shooting my PCP. If some different pellets don't improve the groups the rifle is coming apart.

Sorry for the hi-jack at the end there.

Keep us in the loop.

Chewy.
      I'm hearing you brother. Will keep you posted!

Have you got a picture of this recoil reducer, I am imagining a tube with a weight suspended between two springs but may be off track. Sounds like something that could be knocked up with a lathe pretty easily if that's what it is. Might help tame an unruly spaniard!

Wonder how much extra weight it adds?
    Beeman R9 .20 | Cometa Fusion .22 | Weihrauch HW80k .25

PCP is not my drug of choice

Comment

Is this what you have in mind Russ ??
      www.rpgfirearms.com.au/RECOIL%20REDUCERS.htm

Chewy.

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        That means drilling a nasty hole in the butt end of the stock. You don't want to miss guys and you only get one shot at it.

• BadboyMelvin
        BadboyMelvin commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Chewdog" post=9536
        Is this what you have in mind Russ ??
        www.rpgfirearms.com.au/RECOIL%20REDUCERS.htm

Chewy.
        That's exactly what I'm talking about mate. I reckon that's there's something in this idea...
    Working...
    X