Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading die help

Hey guys

I picked up my first set of dies to begone reloading my 308 from the shop today

Get home read them small base set so google and find out there for autos and semi.

Should I takes these back and get others

Cameron

What brand and/or type of dies did you buy ?

I would have thought that .308 was .308 weather is was to be used in a single shot, bolt action, lever action or semi auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron22" post=5348
      Hey guys

I picked up my first set of dies to begone reloading my 308 from the shop today

Get home read them small base set so google and find out there for autos and semi.

Should I takes these back and get others

Cameron
      i would ihave a set here and they size way to small for the rem 223 i have to the point that once fired and sized i get a partial head separation on the next fireing see pic .
      i will over work the crap out of the brass .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242Medium.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	23790

Comment

Yup use them in 308 & 223, never had a problem like the post above... but I do use case check dies as well to make sure I'm not bumping the shoulder back out of spec. I find them handy when you get once fired brass from unknown sources, especially if its thick mil brass, sometimes I would get a tight bolt close with regular dies, not so with the small base set.

Comment

Hmmmm thats intresting i use the small base set from redding in .260 and they seem to work perfectly fine ??

Comment

I took them back and got a set of lee dies of eBay with the neck sizeing collet die.

Cameron

Comment

Working...
            X