Anyone else having trouble getting AR2206H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble getting AR2206H?

Coz I sure am! I'm in Melbourne/ Geelong area and I can't get it anywhere.
    Anyone else having the same problem?

Cheers,

Russ.

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Asked QGE on Saturday, none available.

Mark
    Tikka T3X 6XC
    Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem
    Remington 788 - 6mm Rem
    Remington 788 - 222rem
    Browning Trombone .22

Comment

most of the recent shipments are going straight to the US market as they panic buy because of gun control talk lingers they are much, much bigger orders so they get looked after first where it is labelled H4895 its the same deal as a few other popular powders like 2225 (retumbo in the US) which near impossible to get here atm

Comment

Me to. Haven't been able to get any from my lgs for a month or so. Often have trouble getting what I want from there though.

Comment

There is a good lesson to be learned from this situation and that is make sure you stock up when there are drama's in the US, this isn't the first time this situation has presented itself here and I'll g'tee it won't be the last if history is anything to go by and on top of that the Transport issues we face here in Aus when it comes to Dangerous Goods Haulage etc and also the worksafe rule changes that have come into play around Australia.

I realised as soon as the "you know what hit the fan over there" that it was time to stock up on all consumables - that's exactly what I did and I don't have a problem at all myself (which I'm thankful for).

Who knows how long it will take to get sorted - good luck fellas, I hope you can get reloading soon.
          Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

• Savage
            Savage commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Varminator" post=4391
            There is a good lesson to be learned from this situation and that is make sure you stock up when there are drama's in the US, this isn't the first time this situation has presented itself here and I'll g'tee it won't be the last if history is anything to go by and on top of that the Transport issues we face here in Aus when it comes to Dangerous Goods Haulage etc and also the worksafe rule changes that have come into play around Australia.

I realised as soon as the "you know what hit the fan over there" that it was time to stock up on all consumables - that's exactly what I did and I don't have a problem at all myself (which I'm thankful for).

Who knows how long it will take to get sorted - good luck fellas, I hope you can get reloading soon.
            Some has just hit local shores and I have been repaid but I was owed six kilo of 2206H and 2208 at one stage. I just happened to have 4 kilo each of 06H and 08 from fullbore and always keep at least a couple of kilos of each in reserve. I was pretty much the only one in our group with a decent stock, this has happened down here (TAS) a few times over the years and no one seems to learn the lesson.

I have had to spread it all around now we have a limits on what we can store.

No one ever seems to run out of 2209 and that is my main .303 powder so I am right.

We got heaps at work, can't ship it though so doesn't really help your situation. There has to be other stores with it in stock.

Comment

This has come a few times over recent months, Please see statements from ADI:
            http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders-guide/news.asp

Disruptions to powder supply
            6 June 2013
            ADI Powders are aware that some of our customers may have lately experienced some difficulty in getting hold of some of our powders. We are aware of some temporary disruptions to powder supply at the moment, resulting in a few localised powder shortages. These disruptions are due to a combination of several factors, including regulatory changes, operational changes by transport contractors, and changes to our distribution arrangements. We are working with our distributor to address the issues created by these changes.
            Basically with ADI powder distribution no longer being handled by NIOA there appears to be some localised supply issues.

Andy

Comment

yeah, and everything else ADI

Comment

This sucks...

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Comment

• Two dogs
                  Two dogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought it was just Tas. Didn't know you mainlanders were havin trouble getting powder too.
                  Trouble we have is that no bugger wants to bring it across the ditch and the only brand we can get is ADI and it's about $50 a tin. And very limited variety. What are you payin in Sydney & Mudbourn?

Mark.

Hi guys,

I Was in at Vic Arms on Monday and they had a couple of 4Kg tubs of AR2206H. Head in there and they might have some left.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X