O'mark 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'mark 308

High guys, i'm just about to pick up a o'mark as soon as my pta turns up. I'm sure the posty thinks i've been storking her all week. Anyway, what i'm chasing is any info or tips relatting to reloads for the old girl. I know that i'll have to find my own load data, so thats not what i'm looking for. I'm actually trying to find some tips from guys that have shot these rifles for years or even had one for years. I've already picked up some lapua brass, br-2 primers and some 155.5grn berger fullbore target progectiles and i'm hoping to use 2208 powder as i already have some in the cupboard. Hopefully i'm heading in the right direction. Anything you can think of would be appreciated

sounds like you have quality components, 2208 is good stuff for 308, wont go wrong there.

should be plenty of omark lovers around to help out as our membership grows

Comment

My pta was in the mail this afternoon, so I'll pick it up on the way home tomorrow arvo and start making some loads up to try on Friday. Hopefully I'll get some good results to be able to take it on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

I have been really keen to get a omark.
        When I get my qld license I will be very keen to meet up and see what they are all about.

JH

Comment

Cool. I'll tag along to yandina one weekend and we can have a go up there, if that's ok. Have you heard any more about your license transfer.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a email today asking me to visit the police station to get my ID verified.
            That is done and I now assume my license is close.????

I have been hassling the crap out of the firearms registry trying to get results,
            The old squeaky wheel gets the oil trick seems to be working.

JH

Well, here's hoping it turns up soon. I picked up the o'mark today and when I got it home I stripped it down to give it my first day clean.I must admit that I'm absolutely stoked with the condition of the old girl. The stock has a few dings and scratches but nothing serious. The bore looks really good bye the eye and torch method. I'm just hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20130910_184037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	19219

Name:	20130910_184037.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	19219

Name:	20130910_184250.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	19220

Name:	20130910_184210.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	19221

Comment

• Tman
            Tman commented
            Editing a comment
            Good looking rifle, I have one similar. Is that a Nightforce 8-32x56 BR scope? 2208 is great for this. I had been using a similar rig for F Class. Previously I had used this rifle for Target rifle, had the action tapped and drilled for a rail, already had a bottom rail so it was an easy change over. Now this rifle is back to being a TR rig for shooting grade matches. I shoot F Class with a Barnard with a Truflite barrel. I have a load for this being 2208 in a Lapua case a BR2 primer the projectile being a Nosler Custom Comp 155. I just loaded up some Berger 155.5s and will see how they go later today. What is the barrel in your omark??

So, I got to get to the range today for the first round of load developments. Again I'm pretty happy with the old girl, especially shooting these groups with virgin brass. Incase you can't read the writing on the top of the target, the loads were 44.0, 44.3, 44.6 and so on up till 46.7grn 2208 with 155.5grn Berger fullbore target bullets in lapua brass with br-2 primers.There's 5 shots in each group at 100m. Next step is to load some more from 44.0 -44.5 grn in. .1grn intervals and see how they go at 200m

Name:	20130911_165828.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	19294

Comment

• bone
            bone commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by scottmatt" post=1163
            So, I got to get to the range today for the first round of load developments. Again I'm pretty happy with the old girl, especially shooting these groups with virgin brass. Incase you can't read the writing on the top of the target, the loads were 44.0, 44.3, 44.6 and so on up till 46.7grn 2208 with 155.5grn Berger fullbore target bullets in lapua brass with br-2 primers.There's 5 shots in each group at 100m. Next step is to load some more from 44.0 -44.5 grn in. .1grn intervals and see how they go at 200m
            Well done mate. just wondering tho my adi handbook says max of 45grains of 2208. How come you are able to push beyond that? How long does your brass last?
            Attached Files

scottmatt, were you shooting at Rocksberg today ???

Thanks...

Comment

I wish. It would have saved me a drive over that bloody gateway bridge and back . I was at Belmont. That place is busy every day.

Comment

• Maverick
              Maverick commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by scottmatt" post=1168
              I wish. It would have saved me a drive over that bloody gateway bridge and back . I was at Belmont. That place is busy every day.
              Yep, the old Belmont is getting busy.
              Too many shooters and not enough room.

I've given up on the place.

Thanks...

• S12A
              S12A commented
              Editing a comment
              I was at belmont today tooo from about 1300 to 1430

Nice groupings mate! looks like the old girl can still put out :P

what optics have you got on her?
            I've always wanted an OMARK.
            Cheers,

Nuzo

Comment

I was on bench number one from about 12:00 (yes I know it doesn't open until 1:00 now) until about 3:00. I had the American chopper t-shirt and blue jeans on.
              Thanks Nuzo, it's got a t-36 weaver on it. I bought the scope originally for the savage .223 but I found it to over powering so I had to find another gun for it. For $500 delivered from the states, I couldn't recommend one enough. It's a cracker of a scope.

Comment

• S12A
                S12A commented
                Editing a comment
                nice, i was on 21 with my wife spotting for me , was wearing a dark grey pimps 'n mercs shirt and black shorts and have a beard , i was shooting my short barrel rifle... the shirt rings a bell but i cant picture it.

those groups look good mate, better than i did today

You guys were a couple of people in front of me in the lineup to sign in, I think. I've got a long goaty beard earrings and tattooed arms.

Comment

• S12A
                S12A commented
                Editing a comment
                Good stuff mate

I will keep an eye out for you when im up there again

Cool. I think I'll be there on Friday arvo after a mate's funeral. I'll probably feel like shooting something after that.

Comment

• S12A
                S12A commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear about your mate...

I will hopefully be there friday or thurs practicing sling shooting hopefully for a comp sat

Thanks, maybe see you down there. I'll put a post up if I make it there to see if anyone is around.

Comment

Ohh cut it out you two

JH

Comment

Working...
                X