7.62x54R Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.62x54R Brass

Does anyone know a good place to get 7.62x54R brass? I have been hunting the net and so far it seems Lapua, Highland and Norma are the only ones that make it, but I cant find any stock listing or prices.
    Or does anyone know who in Sydney has a decent stock of Highland factory and what the price is?

I've only seen Highland around Sydney at Abela's Campbelltown, nowhere else for a long, long time. They may still have some. Someone on here said a while back the Gunsmiths at sefton had some. If you find Highland go for it due to good thick rims.

Edit: just looked up Abela's site - unless they haven't updated seem to be out. I'd still ring if I were you.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The SSAA range at St Mary's had a good stock of both Highland SPs and S&B FMJ, however their ammo prices in general are a little exxy and the 7.62x54r is no exception.

Highland is in the process of being re-branded here in OZ as PPU, which is what it is known as overseas anyway (look at the headstamp on a Highland centrefire cartridge and it will say PPU) and a fair range of PPU ammo has being showing up lately at gunshops; Safari had a shed-load of PPU on the shelves the last time I was in (I bought 200rds of PPU in .303British from them for 24 bucks a box, while the equivalent Federal/Winchester/Remington .303 ammo costs in the mid-30s per box) so maybe give them a call and see if they have any. PPU brass is also great for reloading; the .303 stuff I got was annealed at the neck and more like milspec brass regarding thickness and weight.

I've found the S&B brass to be a bit thin around the neck I've had them split after one reload... highland are good

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Check firearms sales (like used guns) there is a QLD mob who sells ppu brass in various cals and they stock it from time to time. That's where I got mine
Working...
X