Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it or cut my loses ?

I got given about 400-600 .223 cases
    When i started to try and prime some tonight i found out that about 100-200 of them have crimped primers
    there are 2 brands that have crimped primers FC and something called LC 06?
    But i thought only Mil Stuff still used them so i'm confused

Back to my main question do i cut my loses and dump them or do i put more money into it and buy all the tools to fix it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1504573_10202612332859812_37740637_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	56740

depends , if you think you will be buying more of it in the future and have plenty of time on your hands then buy the tools.

if its a one off or you have better things to do , sell it.

just my opinion , personally i would sell it.

Comment

Sounds good know anybody that wants

72 FC cases
      89 lC cases (LC stands for Lake City and is Mil brass but Federal have the contact there)

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure someone would buy them.

I would ... But I already got 2 odd thousand worth of Fed, LC, Adi

I'd buy the tool - I don't think they are expensive and ya got a heap of good brass to use so why not.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        This is where the old foums reference material would come in handy!
        I think all you need is the reamer?

• safeshot
        safeshot commented
        Editing a comment
        plus 1

Buy a cheap hand tool, I think RCBS or Lyman sell a small tool for doing both internal and external case neck chamfers. I found this worked well for primer pockets with crimps, and you only need to do it once, so it's worth it in my opinion.

Comment

• MrCarbine
        MrCarbine commented
        Editing a comment
        Get a 6.5 mm drill bit. It cuts the crimp off real easy (don't use a drill, do it by hand).

all I use is my rcbs de burring tool never had a problem done both 308 and 223 brass

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also use the lee one also.

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but as I am entering into the reloading world soon at some stage I will encounter crimped primers. Besides the above mentioned brands, are there any other to look out for? Once de-primed, do they give any issue due to being crimped?

Thanks, Rob.

Comment

• Rat man407
        Rat man407 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by shooter3975" post=47862
        Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but as I am entering into the reloading world soon at some stage I will encounter crimped primers. Besides the above mentioned brands, are there any other to look out for? Once de-primed, do they give any issue due to being crimped?

Thanks, Rob.
        pretty much everybody makes one i ended up with a Lyman
        there deprime like an other case the problem comes when you try and reprime them but if you want to spend the extra time reaming them out then there no real problem
    Working...
    X