Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonably priced 223 ammunition

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase some 223 ammunition and don't mind buying 500 or 1000 and was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals out there at the moment with preferably reloadable brass either in VIC or able to be shipped to VIC.

Many thanks

Contact all shops within Cooee of you and ask. You may be surprised. I have bought factory ammo at times, cheaper than the components.....

Comment

• Mainsail
      Mainsail commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Oddball" post=45056
      Contact all shops within Cooee of you and ask. You may be surprised. I have bought factory ammo at times, cheaper than the components.....
      Probably the best idea, especially if your going to buy 500-1000, then they can talk turkey.
      Or for that quantity you might be able to get some shipped from an interstate store.

Cheapest I have seen locally was about $15/20 for PPU.
      Otherwise 50gr Federal Polymer Tip is $17/20.

Both get about 10% off when buying 10boxes or more.
      That being said the LGS is having a hard time getting some of this stuff.

A certain Brisbane gun shop has American Eagle 50gr poly tips for $69/100 I noticed. That is a steal.

Comment

Big food chain stores like coles and woolies have for a long time put many of our small local corner store out of business with specials and deals that our local stores cant match sadly .

So I have always supported my local and corner store and the same goes for my LGS , before driving over the other side of town or next suburb .
      Someone else said it on this post before too , try ringing yah local gun shop and see what deal they can do 1st
      And I know most stores will all ship these days, but always better to go into the the store Hey

But if you just want to know what prices are around the traps , some stores in Brissy sell cheap brands like wolf and REM umc .223 for $120 per 200 .

Cheers
      tk0
      Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
      Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
      Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
      Ruger American .22wmr
      BSA SuperSport XL .22
      Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
      Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

One of my local shop sells the barnaul .223. 55gn soft point for $60 for 100. In my remington it outshoots both federal and remington

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Which shop is it?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by furiousgeorge" post=47644
          One of my local shop sells the barnaul .223. 55gn soft point for $60 for 100. In my remington it outshoots both federal and remington
          Which shop is it?
      Working...
      X