Wilson Stainless Micrometre case trimmer from BRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Stainless Micrometre case trimmer from BRT

i've been avoiding case trimming for a bit and at the last tactical match in canberra I' think my scores suffered because the cases just didn't want to cycle properly. So no more laziness on my part but I'm stuffed if I'm using the Lee system that i've had the shits with for a while...

So a call was made to BRT. Annie took my order and details on Tuesday and today I got my order in the mail. I opened it frantically like a lil kid with the biggest chrissy present, and it came out all securely wrapped in various boxes. After some fiddling I got it all together. (Wasn't hard) I haven't had much of a go yet, but my first impressions are that this will make the trimming less time consuming and more of a pleasure. It all feels solid, it fits together well, the adjustments are precise with no slop, the crank handle is really smooth and I'm genuinely keen to give it a workout tomorrow when I get a chance. Here are some pics I took. Postingg them cause I've only ever seen the promo shots and they are never very 'real' looking.

So far it looks the goods. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks to Annie at BRT for what certainly looks like a quality bit of gear that will last a lifetime.

Quite a tidy bit of kit. Be very interested to hear how well it works in practice.

Thanks for the post.

Paul

Comment

What an awesome piece of kit... Looks well made. What are they worth?

Comment

I have the same Wilson setup but for my 50 Cal........ the shells are held as if they were chambered, and the work really really well.

Comment

Very nice

One of these is on the shopping list for 2014

Comment

I have one for my hornet a great piece of gear well made

you made the right choice

Comment

I bought one earlier this year as well.

Very happy with it. A little slower to use than the RCBS one I had, but more flexible due to the chamber concept. Just need to buy a H&H chamber and I will be sorted.

Comment

The wilson system is a great setup, but why make it so hard? Look at some of the varios other 'Lathe' type trimmers, redding,lyman, forester and even simplex where you can trim varios cartridges buy just changing arbors. You wont lose a match because your cases are 1 thou overlength! You can buy a Redding trimmer from Sinclair Internation for about $100 and do all your cases. Buy a good vernier and learn how to use it!

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by roger68" post=45348
                The wilson system is a great setup, but why make it so hard?
                It's not hard.

One case holder does several different cals & it holds them perfectly centred & axially aligned.

Say a case holder for 308. Will do any calibre based on the 308 case, .243, 6BR, 30-06, .270 & a host of others.
                A .222 case holder will do any case based on that cartridge too, .223, .17r, .204, .222R mag etc,

So long as the cartridge has the same taper & approximate diameter it will work fine.

As above, it can be used for run outs too.

Mick.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by roger68" post=45348
                The wilson system is a great setup, but why make it so hard? Look at some of the varios other 'Lathe' type trimmers, redding,lyman, forester and even simplex where you can trim varios cartridges buy just changing arbors. You wont lose a match because your cases are 1 thou overlength! You can buy a Redding trimmer from Sinclair Internation for about $100 and do all your cases. Buy a good vernier and learn how to use it!
                A stoppage will cost you a match. I run my cases through my rifle ahead of a match to confirm feed and function because action matches come down to who makes the fewest mistakes
            Working...
            X