9mm - bullet size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm - bullet size?

Hi guys - new to the forum, but not shooting (mainly ISSF). Just bought an STI TargetMaster for WA1500 and am trying to sort some loads. Slugged the barrel and it came up at .356, so should I use .357 projectiles, or stick to 9mm? What is a lightish load, bearing in mind that WST is rare in this neck of the woods -Darwin (saving my last kg for centrefire .32). Good supplies of Bullseye and ADI available though.

Originally posted by Topend" post=44164
    Hi guys - new to the forum, but not shooting (mainly ISSF). Just bought an STI TargetMaster for WA1500 and am trying to sort some loads. Slugged the barrel and it came up at .356, so should I use .357 projectiles, or stick to 9mm? What is a lightish load, bearing in mind that WST is rare in this neck of the woods -Darwin (saving my last kg for centrefire .32). Good supplies of Bullseye and ADI available though.
    Get some Vindicators from TexGun supplies, if you order in advance, you will get them in 357 if you want. In reality there is nothing in it, try some and see how you go.

AS30 2.5gns 135gn RN, run a 6lb recoil sprinbg, will punch out the 10 ring.

Comment

• Yoshie
      Yoshie commented
      Editing a comment
      Stick with the 9mm they are proven. I think they measure 356 anyway. Some hand loaders find 357 diameter bullets work well in 9mm, not my experience tho. There's not much in it why not try both?

Absolutely one thou oversize always worked for me...

Comment

G'day Topend and welcome mate.

Thanks...

Comment

• MrCarbine
        MrCarbine commented
        Editing a comment
        Stupid question but is your pistol 9mm Luger or 38 Super?
        It is my experience that 9mm Luger are usually .355" and .38 Super .356".
        If you are using cast bullets it's best to be .001" over.

************************************************** *************************

The STI Target Master is available in either .45ACP or 9×19.

Thanks...

************************************************** *************************

Comment

i find new barrels are best used with there rated size, ie. 9mm = .355, however i do notice that on well used barrels the tolerances increase and people will tend to find .356 more accrurate.

Comment

Working...
        X